Seconds From Disaster (Chapter 30)

20 February 2018
Mina's POV
'ANA chartered flight'

Damn. I wonder what's going on?

My heart is fucking pounding all of the sudden.

I felt the hairs in the back of my neck standing. But why? Isn't it just some minor fault? Cause'.. we're still climbing.. like normal...

I heard some commotion going on in the cockpit and the alarm kept on screaming inside.

I felt the plane groaning from the feeling through the floorboard. Like, if there was something wrong with the.. gear...

But in operating procedure, I could not call the cockpit to ask about the weird problems happening.

I looked out of the window once more and noticed the plane was now fly around the airport.

Now, I was feeling a little worried in what was happening with the aircraft.

But then, a buzzer from the intercom brought me out of my worried thoughts. I then picked up the receiver and placed it on my ear.

"This is the captain. We're having some issues with the front landing gear. It's not indicating that it is down and locked. Prepare cabin for emergency landing." The call then ended.

My heart started to pound hard and I swear it might just blow out of my chest.

Well shit, my first emergency landing.

I stood up from my jumpseat and placed the receiver back into my ear after I dialed in a code.

"All cabin crew, to the front galley please." I announced and waited patiently for the two other flight attendants to come to my position.

Once they walked up to me, I quickly briefed them about the ongoing situation with the aircraft.

I then quickly placed the receiver back on my ear and I started briefing the passengers about the emergency landing we were going to do.

I could see the worry on the passengers' faces. It's definitely wasn't a nice feeling to tell the passengers that they might die soon in a plane.

But who knows, they might not die if the pilots lands this aircraft without the front landing gear.

I then announced that all passengers to fill up all the seats at the back.

Reason being is that so when the plane lands, it will stay on its main landing gear for a longer time thanks to all the weight before letting the nose finally drop on to the tarmac.

Once all the emergency briefing was done, I quickly headed back to my jumpseat and strapped myself in.

I felt all the adrenaline pumping through my veins and it was starting to make me feel scared.

In fact, I'm fucking terrified.

What happens if the pilots accidentally let the mode drop too early and the plane cracks in half?

No no... Trust in your boyfriend... He and that other captain will land the plane.

Hopefully...

20 February 2018
Y/N's POV
'ANA chartered flight'

Alarms sounded and lights flashed.

Yep. This is fucking intense as hell.

The three arrows above the landing gear lever are supposed to be indicating green in colour. However, one is red.

We announced our problems and a mayday call to the airport tower. The airport tower has now given us the right of way and closed one runway for us with emergency services standing by.