Chapter Two: Mr Hale

First day of school was finally over, and it wasn't as terrible as I thought it would have been. I made my way to my car, and left the school parking lot. I went to the woods, because this Friday was a full moon, and I just wanted to make sure everything was ok. I tramp through the woods, my boots stepping on twigs and leaves left and right, as I went further in. Distant voices came into play, as I neared, I saw the two from my English class leaning down to the ground looking for something. I made my way near to them, as they didn't notice me.

"Lost something boys?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, as they both quickly shot their gazes towards me, looking slightly taken back.

"Hmm, lost my inhale," the shaggy haired boy spoke, as I bent down to his level, my back facing to the open, and my face near the hands of the boys.

"I don't think it's here," I said, as I quickly stood back up.

"These things are like 80 bucks." I chuckle at his comment, before the slightly bald boy, quickly slapped the shaggy haired boy''s shoulder, making us turn around. A man in a leather black jacket was standing there watching us, his hands in his jacket pockets. As he began to walk towards us.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he continued to walk towards us. "Huh?"

"Keep your pants on. They lost something here, and they came to find it." I state quickly, as none of them would speak up. His eyes flickered to mine, but they didn't hold angry, they held something different. Before he quickly turned his gaze to the two boys.

"This is private property." He states to us. I was about to say something but bald kid, cut in.

"Uh, sorry, man, we didn't know."

"Yeah, like she said we were just looking for something, but- Uh, forget it." He throws an inhaler at him, and he catches it with ease. He looks at it wearily, before the man in front turns and walks away.

"All right, come on, I gotta get to work."

"Dude, that was Derek Hale. You remember, right? He's only like a few years older than us."

"Can you bring me up to speed? I'm new to this town." That was a total lie, but I couldn't tell mortal teenagers that.

"His family. They all burned to death in a fire, like, ten years ago." The bald one finishes. I looked back at Derek to see him walk off before completely vanishing into the woods.

"I wonder what he's doing back." I turn my gaze back to the boys at hand, giving them a small smile.

"Hi, I'm Stiles. And this is my best friend Scott." Stiles points to himself when he spoke, and Scott when he said his name.

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Alice." I state looking between them both. "Anyway, I've gotta go. See you boys at school." I trotted off from them, as they went the other way.

...............................

The next day arrived, and I sat with Allison on the blenches as we watched the lacrosse game. I see Stiles talking to Scott, but he ran off, and he went to chase him but decided not too.

"I'll be right back." I state to Allison, as she gives me a nod. I made my way down to the bench where Stiles sat. I appeared at this side of him, my black leather jacket around me.

"Hey Stiles." I state, as he looks up to me, then back to the field, but then back at me, his eyes widen slightly.

"Are you talking to me?"

"Uh no I'm talking to the bench..." I remarked at his obvious stupidity. "Of course you. Did that meet in the woods meaning nothing?" I asked jokingly, as he laughed, making me take a seat next to him.