Chapter Twenty-Three: The Shot

(Same outfit from couple of Chapter's back)

As I finished my crying session on my living room floor, I had fed from a blood bag, and set out to find Derek. I needed to know if he was really with his uncle, or it was all a plan just to get close to him, to find out everything he could. I didn't believe his act with his uncle, there must be a reason behind it all. I vamp-sped through the woods, and came to a stop just outside the old red door. Hearing Derek shouting at someone.

"Look around you. Wouldn't there be someone here trying to save you? There's no one here. There's a reason, no one cares that you drive an expensive car. No one cares that you have perfect hair, and no one cares!" Derek yells, who I'm guessing to be Jackson, as I can hear his little heart beat to a dozen. For a split second, I didn't want to help him. He was rude to people around, he was mean to Lydia, and most of all he was a jackass. But, somewhere deep down he wants to do good, and maybe one day he will.

"I care," I said cockily, while pushing the door open and stepping into the house. Derek shooting me his darkly gaze, and Jackson kind of looked relieved to see someone standing here. My eyes met Jackson's, as I gave him a warm smile. "Though he's an ass sometimes. I see good in him. Like I saw good in you Derek," now turning my gaze to Derek, my expression changed dramatically, as I thought back of him knocking me out. Using the past tense on him, his face kind of fell, but he quickly shook it off as he turned to stand in front of me.

"Only one?" Derek asked cockily, smirking to himself, looking to Jackson then looking back to me. I gave him a fake smile, before punching out my left hand in a fist. Directly hitting him in the nose, making his head go backward with the force. I also heard something crack when my fist connected to his nose.

"You know what that was for," I replied, giving him a smile, as he kept his head straight, and a hand on his nose. I see Jackson's eyes widen, like I was out of my mind for punching a werewolf, but I knew he wouldn't do anything to physically hurt me. He just growled at me and I heard something pop back into place. His eyes darted to mine, his face not impressed. Suddenly, he grabs me back the shoulders and throws me across the stairs and into the wall, to the right of the stairs. I crashed into the wall, breaking it before I crumbled to the floor.

Guess I was wrong about him hurting me.... I groaned in pain, as it hurt, luckily I healed fast.

"Well that's not nice," I said, standing up from the floor, brushing the dust off of my jacket. He growled once again, shifting into his wolf form, his eyes glowing a blue colour.

"Leave her alone!" A voice emitted from the top of the stairs. My head shot over to see Scott at the top of the stairs, looking quite mad. He leaps from the top to the bottom of the stairs, he shifted into his wolf form, mid-way in the jump. He looked back to Jackson, his eyes glowing a yellow colour. Before, looking back to Derek.

"Move!" Derek said, his bottom teeth showing.

"No," Scott replied to him, making Derek angry.

"Fine. I'll kill you too," Derek said coldly, staring down at him. They were both ready to fight, but then I heard a whistling sound, like an...