Chapter Fifteen: Talisman

The last thing I remember was blacking out as the Alpha came forward, weak to the core because I used too much of my magic and I hadn't used it in over a century. But it was coming back to me. My mind drifted from that moment I blacked out too, Scott and the others running away as I told them too. The horror look on Lydia and Allison's faces, was unforgettable. It was imprinted in my thoughts, just the sadness of them thinking I might get killed. Did something to my heart. But I knew deep down I was doing right by them, protecting them from the danger of the supernatural world. They weren't ready to learn the truth about it, and myself at this moment in time....

......................................................

My eyes began to flutter open, two bright spotlight lights shining down upon my body, the cold floor making me shiver. I covered my eyes with my hand to adjust to the brightness of the lights, to see where I was. I blinked a few times as I turned my head to the side to see I was in the school's gym. I was groggy, as I slowly sat up from my position. I got a whiff of fresh blood dripping from under the bleachers. I looked down at my cotton jumper to see there were three gaping claw marks in it, and dried blood surrounding each of the marks on my stomach. Blood also leaked on the floor, meaning I was placed here, before I could bleed out in the canteen. My fingers traced along the marks on my stomach, which had partly healed. I winced at my own touch, I couldn't stay here, I had to leave before Scott or Stiles, or any of the others could see in this state.

I got the strength to stand from the floor, my body hunched over as my hand was placed on my stomach, as it hurt to stand and walk at this point. I need blood in my system to have full recovery, and I'm not feeding off that dead guy under the blenches. I needed something fresh, warm blood that is still flowing through the body or a blood-bag.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps approaching the gym's doors. My eyes widen, not knowing who it is, it could be anyone at this point, and if it's the Alpha, I'm not strong enough to fight him. I staggered to the edge of the bleachers, placing my back to the end, but under it was just metal bars connecting to others for support. There were also wheels on the bottom, so it can be wheeled in to free up space if needed. I peer over the corner to see Scott holding a glass lab bottle, it holding an orange liquid inside. I needed to leave right now, before he sees me. I staggered away from the bleachers Scott not seeing me in the process. I made it into the hallway no problem, but as I reached halfway down the hallway, I could hear the bleachers folding backward in themselves. I don't know what Scott's plan was, but it was dangerous but he was brave in this moment in time.

I kept wondering through the hallway, it seemed endless. I was still weak from the blood loss, and had nothing to eat yet. My mind went weary, before I stumbled to the right, hitting in some lockers, the sound echoing through the hallway. I slid down the locker, reaching the floor gently, I looked down to my wound, too see the marks re-open and bleeding again.

Just then, a loud, I mean a loud, roar echoed through the whole school, making me jump awake, and look down the hallway to the gym, as the roar came from there. My vision started blur once again, but moments went by and a figure was coming down the hallway, but I couldn't tell who it was. My eyelids shutting slowly, but I was fighting to keep them open. I reopened to see the figure coming closer, their hand on the wall, dragging it along. As they came closer, the figure was becoming clearer. I blinked, and I could see who it was...

It was Scott...

He had stopped in front of a classroom door, I was further down the hall, but he was in range for me to speak normally, and he would hear.

"Scott... Fight it.... Think about her... You have control over this..." I spoke weakly, my voice low, barely noticeable, but he heard me. His hand went onto the door, his breathing was heavy as he fought to keep control. I heard a key snapping in the door, he was protecting them. I heard Allison shout his name, as he staggered my way, before dropping onto his hands and knees, breathing heavily as he was changing back to his human form. Just then, his head shot up, looking down the hall, his forehead sweaty from the concentration. Before his eyes quickly shot over to me, seeing me in this awful state.

"It was your blood I could smell in the middle of the gym," he rushed out before crawling towards me, placing a hand on my stomach, him checking over my wounds.

"I'm fine..." I winced at his touch, his hand quickly reclining from my belly. But my eyes darted to his neck vein, I could see the blood pumping through it, my hunger was getting the better of me. Think of my anchor, anchor... I forced my head away from Scott, my thirst getting under control, luckily my true face didn't come out. "I'm sorry Scott... I thought I was protecting you, and the rest," my voice weak.

"Shhh, don't speak. Save your energy," he rushed out. I smiled weakly at his comment. I knew I wasn't going to die. Just then, police sirens came into the hearing view. Scott quickly looked down the hallway, a smile plastered on his face. Stiles's dad got his message, but I can't be here when they search the school. If I visit a hospital right now, I will surely kill someone with my thirst. I could barely hold it together now.

Scott stands from his position, before looking to the exit that leads outside, he runs down to look out the small door windows, and get help. Now was my chance. My hand slowly reached for my crystal necklace, my hand stained with blood, my fingers curled around the crystal, I could feel it emit energy. I could also feel my eyes shift to a purple-red colour, it does this when I use my necklace, also known as a Talisman. It would allow me to focus my magic and draw more power from it.

I breathed heavily, as I stood slowly from my position, using the lockers to support my back, my eyes still glowing, my crystal also shining a white colour, it wasn't bright to be a powerful glow, but it was enough to be noticed by my eyes

I breathed heavily, as I stood slowly from my position, using the lockers to support my back, my eyes still glowing, my crystal also shining a white colour, it wasn't bright to be a powerful glow, but it was enough to be noticed by my eyes. I finally stood, and used all of my strength to push off in my legs, and vamp-sped out of the school, the back way. The necklace provides me energy to do so.

It will be a strange conversation when I see Scott next...