Chapter Twenty-Six: School Dance

I had gotten inside to the dance, the front of the school was lit up with stars that were being projected. Inside the gym, it was vibrant, students dancing as the live singer sang different songs. Teacher's spread out through the gym, keeping an eye on things, making sure everyone was behaving themselves. I made my way through the crowd, making sure no one was going to step on my dress. I see Stiles and Lydia sitting at a table together, looking kind of bored. I made my way over, my heels clicking against the gym floor.

"Hey, guys," I said, as I came inches from their table, standing next to Stiles, who's eyes casted up and down my body.

"Hey, Alice," Lydia looked up at me, before casting her gaze out towards the floor. I peer down to look at Stiles who was still staring at me.

"What?" I asked, making him snap out of a trance he was in. "You and Scott are so alike, he was like this earlier," I spoke, before pulling a chair from under the round table, and sitting, my eyes never leaving Stiles'.

"You were with Scott tonight?" He asked, his voice full of disbelief of some kind.

"Yeah. Well, I went over to his house because I knew he was going alone, and instead of him riding on his bike, I thought 'I'll pick him up'," I state quickly, as Stiles barely catched on what I had said. I smiled at him before looking away from his gaze, as he was still star struck on my outfit.

"Would you like to dance?" Stiles asked randomly after a few moments of silence. My eyes darted back to his, as he looked slightly uncomfortable with the answer I might give and I saw it in his eyes.

"My sweet, sweet Stiles," I began. "You are blind to see what is in front of you," my eyes rolled quickly over to Lydia who looked around the place. Gesturing towards her. "Ask who you really want to dance," I gave him a wink, before standing from the seat and left him and Lydia alone, so he could ask her.

I roamed around the gym for a few more moments, just casting my gaze around the couples who were dancing, and now I saw Stiles and Lydia, along with Scott and Danny. An odd combination but hey, I'm not one to judge. I've had a few combinations of my own....

I began to leave the dance, it was too much. Since I've never been to one. It's just hormonal teenagers just to come together and have a grinding session on the dance floor and hopefully they would get lucky at the end of the night. I had made my way outside, and my legs just took me where they wanted to be. Thoughts of the past still popped up in my mind. How my sister would love to see me like this and how she would adore it. I looked back up to see I had gone to the school's pitch, and that it was totally dark, the lights weren't switched on. I sighed, looking up to the night sky, stars shining down upon me. How I like the peace and how nature was always a reminder that my Witchcraft was the only memory I had of my family legacy. I didn't know how long I was standing outside on the pitch for I just thought of my time in the past, until crouching footsteps came nearer.

"Jackson!" a voice filled out in the air making me spin to see Lydia coming onto the pitch, her arms folded. Until she spotted me in the middle of the pitch. "Alice?" she states as she approached me. "What are you doing out here?"

"Just clearing my head," I replied, looking to her for a moment. My eyes grew a bit wide as I wondered why she was out here. "What are you doing out here?"

"I'm looking for Jackson, I can't find him," she states, worried in her voice, but before I could say anything, the lights that were high began to turn on one by one, shining down on us both. Blinding us both. In front of us and some behind, we couldn't see, I was caught off guard.

"Jackson, is that you!" Lydia asked, staring out to the bleachers as a figure stalked toward us. But I couldn't get a clear view because of the lights and my eyes were still adjusting.

"Lydia! Alice! Run!" Stiles' voice rang out behind us making us both turn to look as he ran as fast as he could towards us, but before I could do anything, I was thrown from where I stood, only a few yards on the pitch, making my head knock against the floor. Blood rushed from my head, making me dazed as I groaned on the floor, my hearing fizzed as the healing process began to do its job quickly.

It took me a few moments to raise myself from the ground to look at Lydia and who had attacked us. In one fell swoop, Lydia crumbled to the ground blood dripping from her, Stiles ran to her before that ass -Peter- could finish the job. Stiles fell onto his knees but it was needed. Peter's teeth were sharp and ready to kill Lydia. My head was still spinning as I stood to my feet, nearly falling over, but the healing had finished and my eyes focused. Blood dripped down Peter's chin, and I could smell it from where I stood. My nostrils flared up as I became angry and Stiles and Peter knew that. I walked towards him ready to plunge my hand into his chest cavity and rip his cold heart out of his body. But before I could reach him, Stiles had held my back.

"Whoa, whoa! Alice!" Stiles states, holding my shoulders, but I tried to reach for him.

"Let me go Stiles!" I state angrily, not showing all of my strength, but it didn't mean I couldn't play along.

"No I can't! He'll kill you both if I don't help him!" He raised his voice at me, him gripping my shoulders harder making me look into his eyes and they told the truth. My eyes gazed to Peter's who just held a devilish smirk on him, but I relaxed my shoulders.

"Fine," I snapped back to Stiles, before dropping to Lydia's level, checking her over to make sure she was ok, as Stiles and Peter went off the pitch. But I had heard a small part of their conversation that Peter wanted to find Derek. I pulled out my phone and texted Jackson to find Lydia on the pitch and I knew he was going to find her. I had nothing of Peter's or Derek's so tracking them will be a pain, but I had a hunch on where Derek will be. I vamp-sped off the pitch and into the woods, going to the one place that I might know where Derek was...