Chapter Six: Wounds That Don't Heal

After I made some sort of connection between the bus attack, I went back home, and dug up what I could find. But I had no luck. I needed to clear my head, I took the car from the house, and drove around for a bit. Until, a flashy light on my dashboard began to emit from it, meaning I was low on gas. Luckily, I was near a gas station that was also a food mart. I pulled into the station, near the doors, as I got out, and began filling up my tank. After a few moments of filling up, I went to pay for the gas. I didn't even have to compel, I had cash on me. I looked through the store to see if they had anything to drink like a milkshake, and they did. I took the banana one from the cool shelf, and went to the check out.

The man takes the shake, and sums up the cost of it all. "That's $22.30, please." He asked kindly. I dig around my purse, finding a 20 dollar bill, and some loose change.

"There you go." I smiled at him, grabbing my drink and walking out of the door, holding my keys and drink in the same hand. I look up to see a black car on the opposite gas pump of my own car. I could hear the petrol being pumped into the tank, as I walked over to it. Only to see Derek Hale, filling up. He looks up from the pump, to me.

"Derek right?" I state softly, as he gives me a nod. I walked further towards him. "I'm Alice. It's nice to meet you." I looked at him, but he looked like he was listening somewhere else. He just gives me another nod, before I see a white car pull up behind him, and hear another car pulling in front. I quickly turn to see Mr Argent stepping out of the red car.

"Mr Argent?" I asked dumbfounded, but I was playing along with the game. I think he was here to do something to Derek or make a statement that he knows what he truly is.

"Alice, is he bothering you?" He asked kindly, and I quickly shook my head at him.

"Oh, no. I was being friendly, since I'm new here. Anyway, my parents are expecting me back..." I turn back around seeing Derek's face for a split second. "Nice to see you again Mr Argent." I state loud enough for him to hear, as I unlock my car and jump in, driving away, waving at him as I pass. I knew he wasn't there for a fill up, but I couldn't do anything, because they were hunters and if I showed some sort of strength or anything else, I would sure to be hunted like the werewolves.

.......................................

I arrived back home a while later, pulling into the drive. Allison and the rest are hanging out bowling, so I didn't know when they would be back. Maybe this gave me some time alone, giving me some normal human time, but I wasn't human. My life wasn't normal, every time I thought I could settle down, supernatural things happened. I climbed out of the car, and went inside the house. Sitting on the couch, as I pulled one of the books on the pile and started to read it's contents, but my eyes slowly drifted down, and soon enough I fell under.

I suddenly woke up to a bad dream, sweat pouring from my forehead, and all over my body. The book was dropped on the floor, the book spin pointing to the ceiling, and pages on the floor. There was a slight knock on the door, as I stumbled up from the couch, and towards the door. I looked a mess, but I didn't care. I appeared at the door seconds later, and swung it open to see Stiles standing there, quickly looking up and down my body.

"Stiles?" I stared at him for a few seconds as I took a step outside, closing the door behind me. "What are you doing here? Better yet, how did you know where I lived?" He gives me a sly smile, rubbing his neck. "Don't answer that." I pointed a finger at him, before wiping the sweat from my forehead away.

"Are you alright?" Stiles asked, full of concern, his eyes searching my body, then my facial expression.

"Yeah, I'm fine... Just a bad dream. More like a nightmare really." I state, wrapping my arms around myself, as I took a deep breath.