Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Dead

Kate had shot her gun, but everything went in slow motion for me. I stumbled my way into the firing range. I can survive a bullet. Scott on the other hand, might not. Just in that moment, the bullet had hit me in the chest, making me stumble backwards. My breath hitched in the moment, as blood already started to leak from my chest.

"No!" I heard Scott scream in hurt and anger, but I came to a halt beside him and looked down at the wound and blood seeping through the dress right in the middle of my breasts.

"See you in hell, bitch!" I spat at her wearily, falling backwards and onto the damp ground. The back of my head smashing on the ground, but that didn't bother me.

"Kate!" Allison's Dad screamed at her, just as I turned my head slightly, holding on for dear life as I started to breathe heavily. I could feel the blood rushing through my wound and my lungs began to fill with blood. "I know what you did. Put the gun down,"

"I did what I was told to do," Kate replied.

"No one asked you to murder innocent people. There were children in that house, ones who were human," I heard Chris state, referring to Derek's house. "Look what you're doing now. You're holding a gun to a sixteen year old boy, and just shot a girl who you don't even know. And no proof he spilled human blood. We go by the code...Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent,"

I know what he said in French. 'We hunt those who hunt us' it was their code and Allison had said it, but I was lost in my own thoughts as I was bleeding out and choking on my blood. I blacked out for a few moments, but a bullet rang in my ears and made my eyes fly open, as I grunt in pain.

"Before I put you down," I heard Chris say. I could feel the blood form in my mouth before I spat a bit out and it dribbled down my cheek. I heard the door crack open behind me and one by one people started to drop to the floor due to Peter, but I was going in and out. Suddenly, I open my eyes again to see Derek in front of me looking down at me with a worried expression.

"Hang on Alice!" He states worried, as he growls in anger before going into the house, and I begin to hear Scott, Derek begin to fight with Peter. They needed help, but what could I do. If Peter was in his Alpha form he would go full on range mode and make mistakes. But that could be dangerous for Derek and Scott. But, if I didn't do it, they could die even quicker. This could be my last spell and could drain me and could kill me quicker. I needed to save my friends. Maybe it was time to accept that. That they were my friends and I'm not letting what happened to my past friends, happen to these. I took a shaky breath, and closed my eyes, mustering up all the energy within me.

"Phesmatos, Verba doloris," I chanted quietly, coughing through the words. "Verba furorem conversus quo iratus est draco in Beta," I could feel the magic working, and could sense that Peter was shifting. I cough harder and blood sputtered out of my mouth, just as Allison came over to check on me.

"Oh my God, Alice stay with me! Stay with me!" She yells at me to keep me awake, but it was harder to keep awake. I gave her a soft smile. My breathing began to slow, my heart rate was dropping, I had only minutes left to live, for now. Just then, a window smashed in as I heard the glass shattering. I raised my heavy eyes to look back a few yards away to see Scott on the ground. Then, Peter in his Alpha form jumped out of the window and went over to Scott and picked him up, growling at him. But Scott, kicked his leg onto Peter's chest and did a back-flip of some kind and landed on his feet, but it made Peter go unease and stumble backwards. I drifted my eyes closed and I saw a bright light, but it was due to a car light. A horn from the car entered my ears, making my eyes open to see Jackson's car, both him and Stiles got out, holding a bottle of liquid. With no hesitation, Stiles threw the bottle toward Peter, but he caught it. Peter growls, ready to throw it back, but I stare at the bottle, using my magic.

"Incedia," I spoke weakly, Allison was too busy looking at Peter. But the bottle suddenly combusted, fire leapt onto Peter's arm and it covered from the shoulder to his hand. It began to burn him and then Jackson threw the other bottle, making it connect to his chest and fire leapt from that bottle and began to burn his body. I watched pleased, fire danced within my eyes as I just watched him burn. I slowly turned my head to look at Allison who looked over to Scott, but she could feel my eyes upon her and turned to look at me with a sad look, tears running down her face. I had the strength to slowly wrap my hand around my necklace, I just stared at Allison, as I tugged on my necklace the silver chain broke easily and came clean off, breaking from the back.

"Keep...it...safe," I choked between words, my breathing hitched as I held my shaky hand up to place it in hers, she was speechless to do anything but accept my offer. I turn my head slowly to see Derek over at his uncle's body. Him and Scott had spoken but I was too busy with Allison and I knew what Derek was going to do, he wanted the status of Alpha.

"Remember Derek," I spoke with unease in my voice as pain shot through my body. "Monsters aren't born, they are made... I still see the good in you, though you might not..." My voice was weak and shaky, but I knew he heard me. He clawed out Peter's throat, and became the Alpha.

My eyes drifted down, closing them finally and welcoming death like an old friend...
I was now dead, again...

(Third Person)

Alice's body was already cold, her complexion like fallen snow, drained of its warmth. She lays there dead on her back, a bullet hole in her chest, blood soaked into the ground and her clothing. Her right hand laid lifeless next to Allison's knee's, and the other flopped out. Her head tilted in the direction of Derek. At least she looked peaceful in her passing. Stiles stumbles forward to see Alice's body on the ground.

"Oh God!" He states in shock, running over to Allison who was already beside her body. "No, no, no!" Stiles stresses out, not believing what he is currently seeing. "What happened?" He asked in shock, looking at Scott and Allison.

"She-she protected me from Kate, who tried to shoot me," Scott said, regret and sadness in his voice. Tears stained Allison's face as her father held her tightly.

"What do we tell her parents?" Stiles croaks out, looking down to her body.

"I-I don't know," Scott replied. "But we can't leave her here, we have to bury her," Scott bends down to pick up her body, and begins to take her away...

They buried her in the local cemetery, with a small sign saying 'Alice Harper'. They couldn't do much without anyone knowing. But they could just remember her as a brave, selfless woman. It was the least Scott could do for her, she was the one who protected him and it could be her who was laying his body in the grave instead of him. Allison, Scott and Stiles stood around her grave, placing a rose down onto the freshly dug ground. Allison began to cry, Stiles and Scott let loose a few tears for their fellow friend. After they buried her, they went to break the awful news to her parents, but when they arrived at the house, the house was empty like no one had ever moved into it in the first place, like she didn't even exist nor did her parents.

But will she stay dead for long?