Chapter Seven: Derek's Wound

Derek leaned on his side, as people started to gather and look at him weirdly. Car's beeping their horns to let other cars know to get a move on, but they couldn't because Stiles' jeep was in the way. I zoned out for a few seconds as I looked at people around me, some getting closer to have a look at the scene. Suddenly, I heard Derek intake a large amount of air, as the pain shot through his body. I looked at him, as his eyes started to glow a bright light blue colour, meaning that he's having a hard time controlling himself. Scott looked shocked as he twisted his head around to make sure no one was watching or near.

"What are you doing? Stop that." He yells lowly, at Derek, who is looking worse every second he is on the ground.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you...I can't." He stares Scott down, as his eyes continue to glow their blue colour.

"Derek, get up." Scott demanded of him, as he grabbed his shoulders. More car horns started to pierce my ears. God, didn't they learn to wait. Teenager's these days. I quickly stood, as Scott went behind Derek, ready to pick him up.

"Help me put him in your car." Scott states to Stiles, as he grabs Derek under the armpits and lifts him up, heading over to the passenger's side. I went in front of them, and opened the door for Derek, Scott placing him in the seat. He closed the door, and began to talk to him. I went around the driver's side, and hopped into the back. Catching their end of the conversation.

"Why should I help you?" Scott asked him, as I looked over at them both.

"Because you need me." Derek simply replied to him. I see Scott look behind Stiles's jeep, probably looking at Allison.

"Fine, I'll try." He states to Derek, as Stiles jumps into his truck, slamming the door behind him. "Hey, get him out of here."

"I hate you for this so much." Stiles replied to Scott, as we drove off from the school's parking lot, leaving Scott fading from view. Hoping he can figure whatever is going on with Derek right now, because he only had hours to live. I can hear his heartbeat slowing...

............................................

We're driving down a main road, as Derek isn't looking so good. I think Caspar the ghost would have some serious competition with the colour Derek has gone. I had texted Scott to see if he had found anything yet about this bullet, Stiles filled me in on our little trip. I see Derek take off his black leather jacket, struggling while doing it, but he finally got it off. Suddenly, I got a vibration sound from my phone, I quickly looked down at the message seeing that Scott needed more time.

"Guys, Scott needs more time." I state, as I put the phone away.

"Come on." Stiles argued, not wanting to deal with Derek. He glances to Derek for a moment, before looking back at the road. "Try not to bleed out on my seats, ok? We're almost there."

"Almost where?" Derek replied weakly, his eyes closed and his face dipping down.

"Your house." Stiles states. I brought my head forward, cocking my head to Stiles looking at him, my hair dangling.

"You're taking him back to the burnt down house. Where -- might I add, he can't protect himself." I asked, titling my head to one side. My tone holds concern for his plan.

"I can't take him to his own house?" Stiles asked, not believing he can't go to Derek's own house.

"Like she said, I can't protect myself." Derek piped up, looking to Stiles and me. Suddenly, Stiles began to pull up to the kerb, and the jeep came to a halt. He quickly turns the engine off and faces Derek.

"What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?" Stiles asked, looking dead on at Derek, as I turned my head to him also.

"Not yet. I have a last resort." Derek said weakly, he's slipping every second we are wasting.

"What last resort?" I asked, my brows knitting together as I looked at him weary, wondering what he meant. He pulls up his shirt's sleeve to reveal the bullet wound, and black veins spreading through his system, and visible on his skin.

"Oh, my God! What is that?" Stiles shouts, surprised with the sudden reveal with no warning at all. His eyes closed, disgusted with the sight, looking away from his arm. "Oh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out." Stiles's arm lifted to the door slightly, him not wanting to look at Derek at all.

"Start the car. Now." Derek demands Stiles, looking at him as his breathing get's heavy. But Stiles wasn't having it.

"I don't think you should be barking orders-"

"Stiles." I tried to speak but he carried on with his reply.

"-With the way you look. Ok. In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead." He finished his rant to Derek, as I just waited for something to be said to him.

"Start the car, or I'm gonna rip your throat out..." He paused for a dramatic and scary effect on Stiles. "With my teeth." There was a small awkward pause, as Stiles just stared at him, his cogs in his head turning. Before he turns back to the wheel, and begins the car. And we zoomed off, and down the road.

"That would be bloody." I smirk at my own comment, connecting eyes with Stiles in the rear-view mirror, not happy with my comment.

.................................................

Hours had passed and now it was night, we were parked alongside a pathway, Stiles on the phone talking to Scott, as Derek was getting worse.

"What am I supposed to do with him?... And by the way, he's starting to smell...Like death." Stiles talked through the phone, as I looked at Derek, seeing him giving Stiles a death glare.

"What about your boss?... You're not gonna believe where he's telling me to take you" Stiles hands the phone out to Derek, as he takes it and starts to talk to Scott.

"Did you find it?... If you don't find it, then I'm dead, all right?...Then think about this. The Alpha called you out against your will. He's gonna do it again. Next time, you either kill with him or you get killed. So if you want to stay alive, then you need me. Find the bullet." Derek finishes off, as he hangs up the phone to Scott, and hands it back to Stiles.

"If he doesn't find the bullet, what will happen to you?" I asked, my voice laced with something I thought I had lost long ago. Worry.

"Nothing good..." He speaks weakly, as Stiles starts the car again, and begins our way to somewhere else. My mind could only think of the worse outcome for Derek, if he did die Scott would be alone and wouldn't be able to control his werewolf state...