The Fight

One week later
Francis's point of view
Mary hasn't been able to come visit me again but she has been sending sweet notes to me. They get me through the day. Then Condé came in. "What do you want?" I asked "It's a surprise." He said "Is it like the last surprise?"
I asked "It's a different kind of surprise." He said. Thank god. "Does it involve Mary?" I asked as we walked into the ballroom "Francis remember the fight I promised you?" He asked, I looked in the ball room and there was an fighting arena set up. There were men cheering all around it. I looked at Mary and she was only wearing a black corset. My poor Mary. How could Condé do this? "What time are we fighting?" I asked "5 minutes, Mary will get you ready." He said then pointed at Mary, I walked over to her. "Oh god what is he doing to you?" I asked "He hasn't tried to rape me again but he has been touching me and making me wear corsets around the castle." She said "Here take my shirt." I said then took my shirt off and handed it to her. "Thank you." She said then put my shirt on. "Why did he let you get me ready?" I asked "I don't know. Is he still hurting you?" She asked "No, he hasn't been down to my cell in a few days." I said "That's good, you could win." She said "I don't plan on losing." I said "Francis." Condé said "What?" I asked "Heres how it will go, hand on hand, no weapons, whoever wins gets the crown and Mary, whoever loses dies." He said "Agreed." I said "Francis be careful." Mary said "I will win for you." I said, she smiled. "Let's start." He said then we both faced each other with our fists up. A crowd of whores were cheering for him behind him, he smiled and waved to them, I took that chance to punch him when he wasn't paying attention. He punched me back and I tackled him. "You bastard!" Condé yelled then pinned me down and punched me continuously. I finally got out of his grasp and pinned him down, "This is for Mary." I punched him. "This is for how you treated her."   I punched him again. "This is for touching her." I punched him a third time. "This is for kissing her." I punched him. "This is for trying to rape her." I punched him a fifth time and his mouth was leaking blood. "Any last words?" I asked "Either way your going to lose." He said then his eyes closed and the life faded out of him. "Francis!" Mary said "Mary!" I said then ran to her and spun her around. "You won for me." She said "I would do anything for you." I said and put my forehead against hers. "You can take your lives and leave." I said, they all started running out of the room. Cowards. "I love you" She kissed me. "I love you too." I said setting her down. "Let's take you back to your room and get you cleaned up." She smiled "I love when you take care of me." I smiled, she smiled then kissed me, I kissed her back and held her close. Suddenly I felt her pull away and her weight fell down on my arms. "Mary! Mary! What's wrong?" I asked she didn't respond she just passed out. "Mary! Mary no please wake up!" I said she didn't move so I picked her up. "Mom! Dad!" I said "What's wrong?" He asked "We were going to go to my room and then she passed out." I said "Oh my God. Go to the infirmary!" She said "Okay." I said then ran to the infirmary. "Nostradamus!" I said "What's wrong?" He asked "It's Mary, she fainted." I said then laid her down on the bed. Nostradamus examined her and did some tests, my parents were in there now. "Francis I have two pieces of news, but you can't freak out." He said "I won't." I said "First, I'm sorry Francis but Mary has been poisoned. She should be awake in a couple days." He said "Dear god." My mother said "What's the other news?" My dad asked "Francis I need you to be honest, have you and Mary been sexually active?" He asked "Um yes." I said "For how long?" He asked "About a month and a half." I said "Why?" I asked "Mary is three weeks pregnant." He said "Really?" I smiled "Yes I'm sure." He smiled "Francis come outside." Henry said "Okay." I said then followed him out. "Francis as your king, what the hell were you thinking?" He asked "I didn't think it was a big deal, Mary and I love each other." I said "Francis I know, but if someone else finds this out it could be really bad." He said "I know, I'm sorry, but the fact that she's pregnant will stay between the five of us in that room." I said "But as your father, congratulations son." He said then hugged me. "Thank you dad, I should go be with Mary." I said "Go son." He said then patted me on the back and I walked back in the room. "I'm guessing your mad at me too." I said "No, I already had time to process all this." She said "What? When?" I asked "Mary told me the night she came to visit you, she needed someone to talk and cry with." She said "She really loves you." She said "I know, I really love her." I said "We will leave you two be." She said the they walked out.
2 days later
Mary's point of view
When I woke up everything seemed all fuzzy and my head hurt, I didn't remember anything. I looked over to my side and Francis was laying there. "Francis." I said "Mary! Your awake!" He said "What happened?" I asked "You were poisoned by Condé." He said "But I thought he was dead." I said "He is Mary, don't worry, but he did it before he died. And all his men are gone." He said "What's wrong?" I asked "What do you mean?" He asked "Your acting weird." I said "I have amazing news." He said "What is it?" I asked "Your three weeks pregnant." He said "Really?" I said barely holding back my tears. "Yes, and if your wondering the poison won't effect the baby." He said "Mary why are you crying?" He wiped my tears "I'm just so happy. In a couple months our little family will grow!" I said then put his hand on my stomach. He smiled and kissed me.