The Rescue

Francis's point of view
"What possible points of attacks do we have?" One of the generals asked "Well before we can attack we need to get my wife and child to safety." I said "Of course, but how?" He asked "I could get smuggled in." I said "Thats a great idea!" One of them said, Suddenly a messenger came in. "Your grace, Condé has requested a meeting." He said I went out and got on a horse and rode to Condé. "I thought I killed you the first time." I said "I would be carful with your words, your wife and heir is in there." He pointed to the castle. "What do you want for them?" I asked "I believe your wife wrote you my demands." He said "Condé I would if I could but I don't have that power." I said "Your the dauphin! Of course you have that power!" He shouted "Condé please, I'll give you anything money, jewels, safe passage, anything!" I said "500,000 duck-its." He said "That's all?" I asked "That's enough for one family member, you choose." He said "I'll give you more if that will get Mary and James." I said "Francis this purely to cause you pain." He said "Condé please." I said "Choose." He said, I have to pick James, Mary would want to me pick James. "I choose James." I said "Not your precious wife?" He laughed "Mary would want me to choose our son." I said "Are you sure he's yours? I mean with only you to fulfill her desires." He said "Bring me my son." I said "Bring him out." Condé shouted then Mary brought James over to me. "I love you so much, I'll be fine." She said "I'm so sorry, I knew you would want me to pick him." I said "I know, you would have wanted me to pick him too." He said as she handed him to me. "I love you so much. I promise I will rescue you." I said "Just protect James, I don't care what happens to me." I said "I will, but it's also my job to protect my wife." I said "Mary come on." Condé  said "I love you." She said then walked away. I rode back to the camp. James was crying. "I know, I know. It's gonna be okay, it's all going to be okay." I coddled him "Your majesty, we have a plan." The men said walking is my tent as I was putting James to bed. "Well out with it." I said "We can put men at the front gate but sneak a team around the back." He said "I will
lead the team around back." I said "We will prepare the team your grace." He said "I need your best men for my son." I said "Our best men?" He asked "I'm sorry did misspeak?" I said "Sorry your grace, I will get five of my best men." He said then walked out, I got James to fall asleep then I got my armor on and the guards came in. "I want two of you in front entrance one of you walking around the tent and two of you standing next to my sons crib." I said, they nodded there heads. "You are all to treat my son like your own, you will die before you let anything happen to him." I said "Of Course your grace." They said firmly. I kissed James forehead. "I want you to know I love you so, so much. And if I don't survive this I want you to know I love you so much and I'm doing all this to get your mother back." I said he smiled and held on to my finger, I kissed his forehead again then walked out. We ran to the back entrance and waited for the signal to go inside. We heard it, I put my finger on my mouth then slit the guards throat, I took the key and opened the door. I snuck up to the room where I saw Mary and James in the window, when I got in Condé and her were talking, he saw me and held his sword to her throat. "Don't come any closer." He screamed "Condé please, please just put the sword down." I said "Mary and I are in love, you'll ruin that." He said "I won't ruin it, we will get an annulment." I said "The Vatican won't allow that, you have a child together." He said "They will if I tell them James isn't my child, Mary is a whore. She wasn't faithful to me, out marriage was and is unhappy. So just let her go, we just have to go back to France so we can get divorced then you two can be together." I said "And I won't get arrested?" He asked "No of course not, you were doing me a favor by taking my bitch and her bastard son away." I said "I will give you Olivia for Mary." He said "Olivia is better than Mary so that's a good deal." I laughed "Yes she is." He laughed "Now just let me have Mary for a couple weeks, at least. Then you two are free to marry." I said "Go." He pushed Mary towards me, then the other men came in and arrested him. "You promised me!" He screamed as he was pulled out. "Mary I'm so sorry, I didn't mean any of that." I hugged her. "I know." She cried into my chest. "James is all right, he's with five armed guards." I said "I want to see him." She said "Mary did he rape you?" I asked "No, he tried to but I said we should wait until he wins the battle to make it more special." She said "I'm so sorry." I said picking her up. "I love you so much." She laid her head on my chest, I carried her out the castle and back to our tent, my army was arresting all of Condé's men. "He's sleeping." I said then we walked over to him. "He looks so peaceful." She smiled then picked him up, he just yawned then fell back asleep in her arms she gently set him back down in his crib the pulled the blanket over him and kissed his forehead, then she went over to the bed and laid down. "Come on, I couldn't sleep with out you." She smiled "I couldn't sleep at all." I smiled laid next to her. "It's all over now." She put her forehead against mine. "We should make sure he's dead this time." I laughed "We I think that would help." She laughed then put her head on my chest and fell asleep as a stroked her hair, I didn't sleep. I watched over Mary and James to make sure there safe. I love them both so much.