The Birth

7 months later
Mary's point of view
"Mary I don't want you going to this ball." He said "I don't care what you want, I may be nine months pregnant but I would like to go to this ball." I said "Mary I'm not trying to be mean right now, all I'm saying is your going to be due any day now, you need to get and stay in bed." He said "I know Francis but I'm absolutely fine I would just like to but this huge dress on over my huge stomach and go have fun." I said "Well how are you going to have fun if you can't drink?" He asked "I don't need to drink to have fun." I said "Well how are you going to dance?" He asked "I don't know i will find something to pass time." I said "Mary can you just please agree with me about this and lay in bed." He said "Fine I will stay here doing laying in bed like I have been doing for the past two weeks while you go get drunk at the ball." I yelled "Mary why are you fighting with me about this? Is it the hormones? Because your never usually like this and I feel like somethings wrong, and of course I will stay with you." He said "I'm sorry." I said crying. "No, no no Mary don't be sorry." He hugged me. "I think it is the hormones because I have been crying about everything lately." I said "It's all right." He said "Francis?" I said "Mhm?" He asked "My water just broke." I said "Oh my God! Really?" He asked smiling. I nodded my head smiling. "Okay um, let's go to your birthing chamber." He smiled "All right." I smiled then he helped me walk to the birthing chamber. "Okay come sit down here." He said helping me on to the bed. "Oh my god my contractions." I said griping my stomach. "I'm sorry your grace there's nothing we can do, how long apart are they?" She asked "Um like five minutes." I said "How have you been dealing with them for this long?" She asked "I don't know, the just feel like the baby is kicking." I said "Well you must have a high pain tolerance because you five fingers dialed." She said "Five?!" Francis asked "Yes, you will need to start pushing soon." She said "I don't think I can." I said "Mary relax, of course you can." Francis said. "Francis it already hurts so bad." I said "I know Mary I'm so sorry, I would take away all the pain and put it on me if I could, but I can't so your going to have to push through it." He said "All right." I said then started pushing, I screamed like Bloody Mary while I squeezed Francis's hand. "Oh my God!" I screamed "I know Mary, I know, I'm sorry just push." He said "Francis I can't, I can't. It hurts to much." I cried "I know Mary I'm so sorry to see you in all this pain, just please, please push. Just push and I promise it will be over so soon." He said "Are you sure?" I cried "Yes I'm sure, just don't die on me okay, I can't raise our child without you, I love you and I don't want to lose you." He said, tears were falling from his face. "Your not going to lose me, okay? It's all right just hold my hand and get me through this and everything will be okay." I said "Your so strong." He smiled through his tears and kissed my hand. I smiled then kissed his cheek and kept pushing, finally the pain stopped and I felt a sense of release fall over my body then I heard crying as I fell back on the bed, Francis let go of my hand and went over to the midwife. "It's a healthy baby boy, 10 fingers, 10 toes, blond curls and blue eyes." She smiled "Let me see him please." Francis said the she handed Francis to him. "Hello." He smiled, the baby stopped crying and started giggling. Francis was smiling and crying all at the same time. "Francis let me see him now." I said smiling, Francis smiled and handed him to me. "He's handsome just like his daddy." I giggled. "What's his name?" Cathrine said jumping up and down. "James Stuart Valois." Francis said stroking James's tiny head "James? That's a little Scottish don't you think?" She asked "I think I'm Scottish and if I would like to name my son after my late father than I will do so." I said then I cuddled James closer to me. "He's so precious." Francis smiled, still wiping hid tears of joy.