The Messenger

Francis's point of view
"This doesn't make any sense!" I shouted as I read the letter. "Was your marriage not happy?" My father asked "Of course our marriage was happy!" I said "Well she says she had felt this way since that night in the gardens, when was that?" He asked "It was the first night she came back!" I said "And what does she mean by when you cheated on me with Olivia and failed to protect her with Condé?" He asked "I don't know! I never cheated on her with Olivia and with Condé and I did protect her!" I said "But at the end she says your Mary." He said "Wait let me see it." I said "Here." He handed me the letter. "Oh my God." I said "What?" My mother asked "She was abducted too, someone forced her to write this." I said "What the hell makes you think that?" He asked "Okay I always call Mary 'my mary' and she calls me 'my Francis' and at the end of the letter she said 'your mary' so that has to mean something, if she really felt that way she wouldn't have said that." I said "Wait so she wrote secret messages only you would understand?" She asked "Yes, I just need to figure out what the thing about Condé and Olivia is about." I said "Maybe she's saying Olivia is one of her adductors." He said "But then she would being say the same thing about Condé, but he's dead." I said "Your grace, another letter came." A servant said "Let me see it." I grabbed it.
Dear Francis,
If you want myself and your son back you need to abdicate the french throne and have your father name Louis Condé the rightful king of France, Louis survived the fight and escaped. James is safe and we are being treated well. The land here reminds of the castle you took me to for our honeymoon. I love you and I don't want you to do anything for me that would put your life in danger.
Love, your Mary.
"Someone has definitely taken her." She said "She's telling us where she is." I said "What? How?" He asked "Because She said the land here reminds of the castle we went to for our honeymoon which means that's where she is."  I said "We don't know what for sure, I will send troops." He said "No! I need to go!" I said "Francis I know you love Mary, she's like a daughter to me but if I have to lock you in the tower to keep you from getting yourself killed then I will." He said "Fine, Fine! But the troops are leaving right now!" I said "I will go order them to leave now." He said "Francis what's wrong?" My mother asked "Today is Mary and i's one year anniversary." I said "Oh Francis I'm so sorry." She hugged me.
Two days later
"When are the troops getting back?" I shouted "Any second Francis, calm down." I said "I'm not going to calm down." I shouted. "Look Francis there's the messenger." He said "Your Grace, Condé's army has taken over the castle, the army is camped outside the castle." He said "I'm leaving." I said "What? No your not!" Henry shouted. I grabbed the messengers horse and rode through the gates. "Francis! Francis come back!" He shouted. "I have to save Mary and my child, your not going to stop me and I'm not going to apologize." I said then rode off. I don't know what the hell I'm going do but I have to find them. James and Mary are my whole life, my everything. Nothing is going to stop me from getting my life back. I heard someone ride behind me. I looked behind and it was at least a dozen soldiers. I went into the woods because I knew the wouldn't follow me there. But they did. I went down the trail Mary and I used to play on as children. They followed me there too. Finally I rode to a river and crossed it. I turned around and they didn't follow me, I continued riding the trail to the castle.