1|| clarifying

A/N: lmao if you thought that last chapter was development... idk if you're right actually. probably not where am I going with this? who tf knows lol.

"you seem oddly quiet today," my dad notices after arriving all the way home that day without me saying anything. 

"I don't know what's happening," I mumble truthfully, walking up the stairs to step inside. 

"Do you wanna talk about it kiddo?" he asks, catching up to me and putting his arm around me and pulling me into a side hug.

"I don't know," I bite my lip and whisper as I turn into his hug. Dad hugs are probably the best feeling in the world. I wanna tell him what happened but I wasn't sure myself. Also, where am I supposed to go from here? Is Momo just trying to get at me? Why would she go and be all bitchy? and I think that what's worse is that she was getting Bakugou all pissed in the exact same methods that I use. That's MY thing! What in the hell is wrong with the whole damned situation. Why did Todoroki leave? I hadn't even wrapped my whole mind around what happened with him in the first place. 

"I'll make you some of *favorite food* since I know it always makes you feel better," my dad ruffles my hair and walks toward the kitchen, so I sit at one of the high chairs on the other side of the counter. 

"Do we have any hot chocolate and marshmallows, too?" I ask with hopeful eyes. I wasn't sure if we had any left but we always have one specific type of hot chocolate that is a lot better than any other brand. 

"Hmm, you'll have to check," my dad hums, and I groan as I get up from the seat. I look in the usual cabinet where it would be. 

"Aw heck, I think we're out," I mutter as I resort to looking in every cabinet, trying not to get in my dad's way. I move on back to the original cabinet where it's normally kept, and start moving around other boxes filled with various types of tea. I sit back on my knees, fulling willing dive right into this one cabinet just for the hope of a comforting cup of hot chocolate.

 I stand back up and slump right back into the stool. I fold my arms and put my head down on top of them. I was so upset, not just about the hot chocolate, but just about today as a whole. I wanted to eat my feelings and then go into such a long depression nap that it turns into a coma. 

"ughhhhh," I whine and sit my head up. My dad slides over my food, and I accept it gratefully. "We don't have any."

"Well hun if you're that upset we can go buy some?" He offers, and I nod. "Do you wanna eat first or no?"

"yeah I don't want it to sit out," I make a point and try to consume it as fast as possible without choking. I rinse out my dishes and place them in the dishwasher and walk out the door with my dad following. At least he gets me.

The grocery store wasn't that far away from our house, and it was a relatively short drive, but with my ability to talk fast I managed to tell my dad everything.

"y/n I know I say this a lot but don't worry, it'll all work out in the long run," my dad does a poor job of comforting me.

"Forget the long run," I complain, "what am I supposed to do now? How do I go back to school tomorrow without having some sort of idea on what to do."

"Talk to your friend, tell Bakugou you don't like him, and just try to fix everything with the truth while staying true to who you are." 

"What's that supposed to mean? How can I even do that? I don't even talk to either Bakugou or Todoroki on a regular basis and it'll probably make everything so much worse. And what could I possibly say to Momo? How about 'hey so remember yesterday when you completely blew up and tried outing me in two different situations with two different guys when both of them literally mean nothing? Yeah that was a bit bitchy to do and I'd appreciate it if you didn't'??"