1|| confrontations & separations

I wake up the next morning and get ready for school. My anxiety heats up at the thought of having to face everyone. It almost seemed foreign to me. As I slip into my school uniform, I pray that it's more casual than I think it would be. 

I start walking, and the morning is already warm, and I find it comforting. The walk to school is short since I'm wrapped in my own thoughts. I'm just glad that I only have to cross one crosswalk since I have a slight irrational fear of being hit by a car or involved in a car accident of any sorts. But I suppose that's pretty understandable. I walk down the hallways that I already have gotten used to, and slip right into my seat when I get to class. Only Bakugou is here already and I keep my head down instead of acknowledging him. He seems to be a tad offended by this, and maybe thinks that I'm trying to diss him or whatever. 

"Hey! Why you trying to pretend I'm not here?" His anger is more neutral today, but maybe it's because it's still really early in the morning. 

"Sorry," it's a weak apology and it's obvious that I don't even have the heart to argue back. "I'm just not excited about today really," I shrug it off and turn back to my desk even though I can still feel his glare on me.

"If it's about what that shitty Yaoyorozu said yesterday, I'll beat her the fuck up if she does that again!" He gets really defensive really quickly, and it almost makes me laugh the way he's talking about what happened. I was a tad bit worried more about what Bakugou would think since after seeing him in such a serious battle situation I was planning to lay low around him anyways. 

"Yeah it was a bit shitty, huh?" I mumble in return, failing to meet his gaze yet again. It's almost like I'm scared that looking at Bakugou will make it different. Too real.

"I'm serious! I'll blast her out of the fucking class!" Each time he speaks his voice gets softer.

 I wonder if he's losing his voice from yelling too much. Because there's no way Bakugou even has emotions. I laugh quietly to myself at the thought, and he calls me out for it.

"Hmm?" I hum and finally look back up to meet his look, "oh it's nothing, really," I gain my smile back, "by the way, I don't like you either."

"What do you mean??" His voice goes really loud this time, just as a group of classmates file in to the class as well. Bakugou makes no note of this. "Why wouldn't you like me? I'm attractive! You said so yourself at the entrance exams! Hell no, I'm everyone's type!!"

"Well I said you would be attractive if you kept your mouth shut, but now that I know you more I know that's never gonna happen," I shrug my shoulders and speak in the most cool voice I can manage, "besides, I think I'm more focused on my studies to have a love life."

"Aww and you heard it here folks," Momo walks down the aisle to get to her seat, and she's voicing as if she's a news reporter. "y/n is not looking for either Bakugou, or Todoroki!" She points towards the door at the exact moment Todoroki walks in, a look of careless confusion already painted on his face. I put my head down in my folded arms on my desk. I thought this would happen. Something stupid, pointless, and confrontational. 

"OI! SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LEAVE HER ALONE" Bakugou rages and stands up, yelling in her face. I pick my head up from the desk and stare up at him in wide eyes. He disregards my look, and continues to yell, making it so Todoroki can't even walk on back through his seat and he takes a detour instead. "YOU'RE SUCH A BITCH! JUST GET OVER IT AND STOP BEING SO DAMN INVASIVE ALL THE TIME! SERIOUSLY GET A FUCKING HOBBY OR SOME SHIT!" 

It leaves Momo speechless, and she just gives him a dirty look that he ignores and looks to me instead. I give him a grateful little smile and he returns one as a smirk so I roll my eyes instead. Yeah he's a shit some of the time but maybe he's not so bad. Class starts and I don't think I've ever seen more eyes on me. This isn't exactly what I was looking for when I thought of making myself more extroverted in the beginning of the school year.