1|| training camp serenity (pt1)

For the rest of my summer I was looking forward to the training camp. I want to be pushed to the limits of my quirk, I want to be able to learn something more about myself. I want to be together again with my class, and I want to be able to make some memories. My dad told me about how fun it was when he went to U.A. It only instilled more excitement in me to go. Obviously it would be rough, and I was prepared for the exhaustion and mental instability that could come with it, but I'm now certified to be able to participate for all of it. My concussion has officially cleared. And I've been waiting, pushing the limits on how much I can do at once. But now I'm not gonna have to hold back anymore.

Even though I'll be away from my dad, I can't wait to get there to hang out with everyone else. My dad walks into my room, and stands in front of me and my bags, of which I packed probably half of my room in, with a sad smile. One that I've never seen as he always has a fearless smile painted on his face instead.

"You ready?" He directs down at me, and I eagerly nod. "I'll miss you around the house."

"Are you sure you can't come along to teach us?" I whine about it for the billionth time, and his answer this time is like every other.

"You know I can't," accompanied by a sorry voice and a doubtful look.

"But what if I need you?" He leans over to where my phone is on my dresser, picks it up and hands it to me.

"Good thing we've got technology."

"But I don't think I'll be able to keep my phone on me," I pout, "I wanna be able to tell you everything."

"You still can, just make sure you remember everything," my dad laughs, and we walk out the door.

He brings me to the school, and I'm met with a small crowd of people already there. Not to my surprise, Todoroki is waiting there as well. I suspect he was probably the first one there, he's orderly like that. During the entire internships, he was always earlier than me for the train. My dad points him out and waves in his direction, catching his attention. Todoroki's face reddens slightly as he waves back. I get out of the car to meet him.

I stand next to him, gushing with excitement. He looks at me, entertained from my childishness. He already looks to be exhausted, as I join Uraraka, Mina, and Kaminari in bounciness while repeating "training camp" over and over again. Class B arrives too, and one boy that I scarcely remember from the sports festival starts talking shit that has something to do with our class. Some girl immediately shuts him up and pulls him on to the bus.

I try to be the first on the bus, hoping that Todoroki will sit next to me. Or someone that I'm more open towards. I sit more towards the middle of the bus, and I grab a window seat. Bakugou walks on the bus before anyone else, and sits next to me. I would've questioned it, but then I remember he's trying to be more of my friend. I've been texting him more, and one night I spoke to him on the phone, which I tried not to be too awkward about, but probably failed.

As people walk in and sit down, Aoyama takes the seat directly in front of me. Todoroki is the last one on the bus, and he looks down after seeing Bakugou beside me. I shoot an apologetic glance, but he takes the last spot next to Aoyama. He doesn't look back, and he doesn't try to talk to me. For the same reason, I hardly talk to Bakugou. He says something about looking forward to be even better after the training camp, and I meekly agree.

After an hour, we stop in the middle of nowhere, and Mineta makes it clear to everyone how badly he has to pee. Can he get any more annoying? We're introduced to the Wild Wild Pussycats, which Midoriya starts raving about, and then sent down a small cliff into the forest. By force. I get up from the ground, and find Todoroki. I've wanted to be closer to him since the bus ride. I hold onto the inside of his left forearm, and he turns to me as I rest my head down onto his shoulder.