1|| an almost date

My dad looks incredibly shocked, and I can tell he knows what just happened.

"First day of your internship, and you're off kissing him?" My dad questions, there's no anger in his voice. He only seems to be teasing me, as if he's known it would end like this all along.

"I gave him a kiss on the cheek for his kindness."

"Nuh-uh, no way. You're acting like you weren't holding his hand all the way here," My dad smirked slightly. Sometimes I hate how much he knows. "You like him."

"I don't know that," I reason, "I've only just kinda started talking to him."

"BUT YOU JUST KISSED HIM!"

"That's different"

"How?"

"You weren't there."

"And if I was would you have kissed him?"

"No.."

"Ha!" My dad laughs in his face, as if he just proved something.

"That doesn't even mean anything. Who kisses their boyfriend in front of their dad?"

My dad taps his chin in thought, "you called him your boyfriend." My face flushes violently.

"No! He's not.." I stumble over my words, trying to think of something. Anything. "Really hardly even a friend. It's just, he was so nice, and he was speaking to me like he cared, and after things at school, I just. I CAVED INTO THE TODOROKI CHARM, OKAY?" I cry lightly exasperated at myself.

"Okay, y/n, whatever," my dad suppresses a smile, an all-knowing smirk. Then, he turns his back to me and walks over towards the living room, "remember forever ago when I mocked you about him never liking you?"

'He was cuteeee!! He's never gonna forget you, and he's gonna hate you forever! You'll never have a chance at a normal life again, and even worse: you'll never have a chance with him eitherrrr.'

I walk over to the living room, and fall back onto the end of the couch with a huff.

"I think I was wrong," my dad mocks. In quick, impulsive response I pick up the pillow to my left and throw it at his face. All it does is bounce off his head and land on the floor behind him.

The next few days I see Todoroki, all I could think about was him. Like all of him. Everything about him. On the days where we were physically training, I watched his movements. I watched him punch punching bags at the gym, I watched him lift heavy weights, and I even noticed when sweat slightly clung to the hair on his forehead. It sounds gross, but I thought it was cute. Not like cute in the way a puppy is, cute in the way where he's just too into it. On days where we worked with our quirks, I saw his abs through his fire eaten shirt. It was pretty impressive, so the first time I truly acknowledged the fact he had abs, I tried not to react. 

On the third day, we were really starting to feel the impact. I was, at least. We stayed late to work on things at the gym for physical strength. After all, your quirk is a physical component, not some super power. By the end of the day, just thinking about throwing up another attack in any way gave me a giant headache as if all the blood vessels from my neck up just popped. My knees felt ready to buckle, and all of my limbs felt like jello, but my stomach felt tight.

We walked back to the subway station at 8:45. Todoroki's shirt was still in fine condition since I was the only one that had been using my quirk.

"Ah, I'm so tired," I complain, sitting down on the bench in the train car, and wincing. Todoroki acknowledges me by looking down at me with a light expression. The doors close for the 9:00 train, and we're the only people on. At some point, the train slows, and my body doesn't resist the difference in speed, so I lean up against Todoroki's shoulder but mostly just the side of his arm. I go to sit up and apologize, but he assures that he doesn't mind, and I could if I want. I wonder if he thinks I did it on purpose, since he wasn't affected by the train's movements. I lightly put my head back where it was resting.