1|| back to school

I'm not sure what I'm expecting by showing up at school again, but I know what I'm hoping. I hope that I'll be able to freely talk to Todoroki, and mostly ignore Bakugou. I'll definitely appreciate it if he tries to make it something better, but I haven't spoken to him or texted him since that day. Maybe he's trying to give me space, but when you promise to make it up to a girl, I think that might be the worst thing you could do. 

The bell rings, and class starts. Nobody has tried talking to me at all, not Hagakure, Momo, Mina, Bakugou, or Todoroki. Maybe I was just too lost in my thoughts. Aizawa sensei announces that we're going to be prepping for a final exam. Shit. Has it been that long? What have I even learned so far this year?

"Maybe sure to train your mind and your bodies at the same time," Aizawa hints. Noted.

 I'm already starting to stress. I'll have to come up with a schedule, so I can properly train myself each way, and study a lot. I've hardly been studying except during the times that we're learning in class. I enjoy being able to be lazy every day. I know that I'm one of the top people of the class, and I know I'm pretty smart, and I know that I have to keep it that way. What will we do for the practical exam?

"It's pretty hard to fail if you just pay attention in class," Todoroki remarks. Easy for him to say, he got 5th during midterms. I don't even know what rank I got. I look up at him, but he isn't looking at me directly. Kaminari is freaking out in front of the whole class, and he's only displaying what I feel inside. 

Momo offers everyone help, but seems less confident about the practical exam. She instantly gathers a study group, and I probably would've wanted to stick with her over anyone, since she's my friend and the top spot, but I don't want to bother her with more people. After muttering over to Kirishima, Bakugou flaunts over to my desk, looking down on me. 

"Oi y/n!" He yells, and everyone immediately stops to look over my way. There hasn't been much resolution to what happened after the sports festival, and everyone is looking for the inside scoop. The whole sports festival seems like forever ago. I usually get over things quite quickly, but I'm still unsure of everything that has to do with him, though. 

"Yes Bakugou?" I look up to him slowly, my voice sounding tired, sluggish, and defeated. 

"Yet again you're the only person above me besides Yaoyorozu," he yells, slightly annoyed. I turn my line of view away from him, not even wanting to engage. That means that I got second, right? My eyes land on Todoroki instead, who looks more disappointed than anything, and looks away after one second. 

"OI!" Bakugou screams snags my attention again, and I jump. "Study with me." 

"Do I even have a choice?" I ask, and he only snorts, confirming that it's most likely a no. Bakugou still stands there, and Kirishima jumps in to help.

"Bakugou that's too harsh! Sorry y/n, you don't have to. But it would be a big help if you could study with us maybe?" He smiles down at me, and it instantly makes me feel better. I'd love to help out Kirishima, he's usually really kind and amicable. 

"Um okay," I smile meekly back. I look back at my desk, and breathe out as everyone else seems to go back to what their doing.

"Hold on, hold up," Aizawa stalks over, and grabs me up from my desk by the arm. "Come here." He walks up to the front of the room by his desk, and I follow. I stay silent, and he looks through a file of paperwork. Just when I was happy that nobody was looking my way anymore, I get called out on by the teacher.

"You'll need an update on your concussion. You might not be able to take the final due to safety and health regulations and concerns." He tells me, not even bothering to look up at me.