1|| caught in the moment

BOOM!

My thoughts are interrupted, and I get up from my spot, walking outside to my balcony. I can't see anything but the world around me. So then what was that noise? More booms come from somewhere outside, but I'm not sure where it's coming from. What is Bakugou up to? Is it Bakugou? The explosions sound exactly the same. No villains are trying to attack now, right? I head back to my spot, trying to relax. I continue to finish my water, hoping that it will calm me down somehow. But nothing is stopping me from listening in to the booms. Distant voices, ones that I can't place. It goes on for a long while. Then they stop.

I wait a few minutes, and then realize how much I have to pee. The commotion stopped, so everything must have been dealt with. Nobody's gonna be up, you'll be fine to go downstairs and use the bathrooms. Besides, the dorms were built to ensure our safety. No way anything can harm us now. And if there ever possibly was, students and teachers would be there in an instant. So I slip on some black, comfy slippers, and creep out of my room. I don't even bother taking the elevator, I go for the stairs. After using the bathroom and washing my hands, I'm about to go back up to my room. Until I hear the door open from the outside.

"Who's there?" I turn around, facing the door. Two figures slip inside, only visible from the dark, natural lighting outside.

"Damn y/n," Bakugou's voice, "don't look."

"What do you mean, don't look?" I question.

I cross over to the nearest lamp, and click it on. It illuminates the room softly with a golden glow, and the light falls upon the busted faces of Bakugou and Midoriya, standing all of ten feet in front of me. Instant confusion flares inside me, but I feel terrible for both of their conditions.

"Oh my god, what trouble did you guys get in to?"

"Don't worry about it," Bakugou says kinda harshly.

"But you look horrible," I comment. "Come here, I'll help." I grab both of them by the wrist and tug them into the direction girl's restroom.

"You should probably just try to go back to bed," Bakugou refuses on the way over there.

"Nonsense," I dismiss.

"Oh I have a bunch of first aid in my room for how often I injure myself," Midoriya pipes up, waving his hands in front of him rapidly, "and I'd hate to have to trouble you so late, so you don't have to worry about me. Honest."

"Alright," I tell him and he walks right off into the darkness. Then I turn back to Bakugou and continue to try to pull him in the direction of the girl's bathroom.

"Y/n you know this is weird, right?" He asks, looking away and walking without resisting.

"It's fine," I assure him with a smile. We head into the girls bathroom, and I flip on the harsh, florescent lights. I grab the little first aid kit over by the door, and pull Bakugou to stand in front of the sinks. "Tell me what happened."

Bakugou hops right up to sit on the counter, crossing his legs and looking over at me. The counters aren't too high up, so we're face to face instead of him being taller.

 The counters aren't too high up, so we're face to face instead of him being taller