Chapter 13

Even though it was Jesse and Danny who yelled for me, Jamia still heard and started the process of strutting towards me, a determined look on her face. I immediately sprint towards the front doors, where Jesse and Danny are. I really just don't want to be around Jamia. I have yet to really have a civilized conversation with her, and I know that's not right, but she makes everything twenty times harder than they should be.

"Frankie!" Jamia shouts, stepping right in my path and causing me to ram into her before I could even think to stop. We both hit the ground with a huge thud and a grunt of both surprise and pain from us both. I'm sure she's enduring a lot more pain than I am, good thing we fell on grass... for the most part. Our legs are still on the pavement of the parking lot. I groan in pain from the pain of using my hands to catch myself, Jamia keeps quiet and jugs lays there breathing deeply. I push myself up, feeling awkward basically laying on her, and hold out a hand for her to take and pull herself up. After getting up, she brushes off her clothes and checks for scrapes.

"Are you alright?" I ask quickly, making sure nothing is broken or sprained on either of us. I don't like her, but my goal isn't to cause her pain, just to make her realize that I don't like her. She nods her head and sends me a smile, showing all her teeth.

"I'm fine, how about you?" She looks me up and done, I don't know if it was just her making sure nothing's out of place or hurt on me, or to just check me out, it could be both.

"I'm fine, you cushioned my fall for the most part," I assure her, rubbing my aching wrists. I may have sprained them, joy joy.

"You're lucky you weigh two pounds, you would've crushed me if you weighed any more." She laughs a little and lightly shoves my shoulder in a friendly gesture. That's what I like about Jamia still, she has the ability to joke around about things no matter the situation. Kind of like me.

"If you have any bruises or anything, I apologize in advance. For now, I gotta go, my friends are waiting." I walk around her and fall into a jog for the stairs, making sure I don't plow into someone this time.

"Ooh, softening up to Jamia, huh?" Danny teases, throwing a glance at Jamia. I follow her gaze and see Jamia stating at me intensely, it's like she's analyzing me and it's a bit freaky. As soon as she notices that I am also staring right back, she turns around and walks back to her group where they immediately turn to her and start talking to her all at once.

"Not even, I felt bad for, you know, plowing into her," I assure her. There will be no getting back together with her. Ever. "Besides, you already knew the answer to that question before you even thought of it," I remind her, sending her a wink and walking through the open doors.

"Trust me, I know," she replies.

"Alright, Frankie-boy, how was detention yesterday?" Jesse asks, slinging her arm over my shoulders.

"Not bad, actually. That group of guys are kind of cool when they don't have a crowd to impress." I pull her arm off my shoulders and fall behind so I can get to my locker without running into Danny, who is on my right. They follow.

"Seriously? I thought they were docks whether they were around a crowd or not," Danny asks, letting us know that she's surprised that they're capable of even being decent.

"Yeah, we were mainly talking about the creepy stalker- like habits of Jamia." I grab my things for first hour and close my locker, but don't move.

"Ha, do they even know what it's like?" Jesse chortles.

"They do, well, one does," I answer, surprising her again.

"Which-"

"Johnny," I interject, remembering the conversation and sympathy from yesterday. Jesse gives me an odd look for interrupting her, but shrugs and looms away anyways.