Chapter 33

I had a parade today. I had to march two miles. I almost passed out, I got a headache, I was getting dizzy and I started seeing spots. fun.

sorry for the lack of updates

Okay, I'm done complaining.  bye now.

xoCrashFire

*~*~*~*~*~*

I wake up, not fighting it. I pick out my stupid uniform and toss it onto my bed, along with a pair of socks and my tie.

I look at my clock and see that it's actually later than I usually get up, it's seven 'o clock.

"Dammit," I mutter. I can't take a shower now. I sigh and start to undress myself, slipping on the boring uniform.

After tying my tie and putting on the stupid shoes they make us wear, I walk downstairs and grab my bag and keys. Before walking out, I check my phone and see that I have twenty minutes to get to school, which isn't all bad. The reason I'm upset that I slept so long is because I don't get to go visit Gerard, Mikey, and Ray before school. I also feel bad because Ray and Mikey have to walk now.

I get in my car and head off, not really wanting to go to school.

*

I get greeted at the front doors by Danny and Jess like usual, both of them laughing and talking. "Hey, Frank," Jess says, calming down from her laughter.

"Hey, guys. You'll never guess what happened on my weekend."

"Um, you actually put your dick in his ass?" Danny says, giggling a little.

"No," I deadpan. "No I did not. I told my mom I'm gay," I say shortly after.

"What?!" They both shout, drawing attention from almost everyone who's standing outside.

"Shh!" I hiss harshly. "And yes, she didn't even care. She said 'okay' and told me that she's here to support me when others don't."

"At least she didn't get pissed and like disown you or something," Jess replies.

"Yeah, that's always good," I mutter, turning to walk inside, "But I'm pretty sure she's going to tell me to break up with Gerard."

"Can she even do that?" Jess asks, a hint of anger in her voice. She resents parents who try to tell their kids who and who not to date. Why? One: common sense. Two: Her mom and dad do it to her all the time.

"I guess so," I say, shrugging my shoulders. "Not that it'll work. We all know I'll just continue dating him. Plus, I'm almost eighteen, so I'll be a legal adult, which means I can make my own decisions."

"Right! And what are you doing for your birthday? It is in a couple days," Danny says, nudging my shoulder. Yep, my birthday is on Wednesday.

"Trick-or-Treating, duh!" I exclaim, turning sharply to get to my locker. "It's our tradition, how could you ask such an absurd question?"

"Because all of our parents believe that Halloween is the Devil's holiday, and I'm just wondering if we'll ever get caught," Jess says, throwing a book in my locker. I roll my eyes at her carelessness and put the book on the top shelf of my locker so it doesn't get buried in all my stuff.

"We've done it for eight years now, and have we gotten caught? No," I say, grabbing all my stuff. "Now let's go, we're going to be late."

*

I run out into the parking lot, desperately trying to find my car in the ocean of them. "Shit, shit, shit," I mumble.

"Come back here!" One of the guys shout. I don't know what they want or how much they heard, but I do know that they are pissed.

I finally find my car and push myself to go faster, almost slamming into the side of it from being in such a rush.

All I know is that during my last period a few people might have overheard Danny, Jess and I talking about Gerard and our relationship. Someone might know that I'm gay. Being gay in this strict, homophobia practicing school is not an option.

I yank open the creaky door and get it, slamming it shut, almost catching my foot in it.

I hurry and lock the doors, not wanting to risk them being able to catch up and open the doors.

Before starting the engine, I take a breather. I ran all the way here from my last class, which is on the top floor; the third story. I took the stairs two, sometimes three, at a time, shoving people out of the way and just trying to get to the door as fast as possible. The hallways seemed to stretch and I was on the verge of tears. I could hear them running behind me and I was petrified.

I hear a bang and jump, looking at the passenger window. "Open it, Frank." I see this kid named Stephen. He was in my last hour.

"No," I say back, shoving my key into the ignition and turn it.

"Please, I just want to ask you a question." I look over again and see that he looks desperate. So, my curiosity gets the best of me and I unlock the doors.

"I'm not going to make fun of you, I just want to ask you a question. One question."

I nod my head and look at my steering wheel. "Okay."

"How did you know you were gay?" He asks.

"I don't know. I guess when I dated Jamia, I just didn't feel a 'spark'. I found her less and less attractive, and kissing her felt disgusting. Every sexual kind of touch made me feel gross. I looked at other girls and tried to imagine myself with them, it didn't work. I just wasn't attracted to girls. I looked at guys and just, I felt a connection, I guess. I was attracted to them." I look over to see him looking at the floorboard, looking like he's really thinking.

"I've just been having this weird feeling. I've been kind of attracted to a guy that comes here and I just wanted to know if I was just being stupid or if they're real."

"I can't tell you if the feelings are real. If you really feel like you like him, then who's to say you're being stupid? Who's to say you're wrong? But you said he goes here, so good luck with that one," I say, chuckling a little.

"I'm just scared. Scared for two reasons. One because he might hate me if he ever finds out and two because I think God will hate me."

"God won't hate you," I tell him, looking him right in the eyes. "He can't hate you for something you can't control. I'm pretty sure if you could choose whether you wanted to be gay or bi, or straight, you'd pick straight. Most people would, it's what is accepted."

"That's not true. Who likes fitting in anyways? Being an outcast doesn't seem all bad," he says, opening the door. "I'll think about what you said. Thanks, Frank." He leaves, slamming the door shut behind him.

I was scared for a minute there. I thought he was going to say that he likes me. I would have had to tell him I have a boyfriend and that would've been terrible. Being rejected is the worst.

I back out of my parking space and drive out onto the street, heading to Mikey's house. That was weird, I thought I was the only one.

I guess not everyone is the stereotypical Christian. Straight, homophobic, the works.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry that it's short, I just feel like utter shit today and I think you guys deserve an update after being so patient and understanding.

I love you, guys. ( ˘ ³˘)♥

xoCrashFire