Chapter 14

Gerard and I are still sitting on the floor. He didn't stop crying for a while and I don't really blame him, sometimes you just really need to cry things out. If it keeps him from turning to self harm, or anything worse, then I'm for it. He's still got his head on my shoulder, and I think he fell asleep. He isn't shaking with post-crying sobs anymore and his breathing is calm now, so I think he did fall asleep.

I don't want to leave because I'm scared that when he wakes up he might freak out, but damn I have to piss and I don't want Ray and Mikey to worry about Gerard. Then again, they could always just come up here and knock or something to ask. They could even text me.

I slowly remove my arms from around his shoulders and grab his arms, slowly trying to pry them away from my body. I can definitely tell he's a cuddler, he puts up a damn good fight to keep hold of me. "Please let go," I whisper, on the verge of just ripping his arms off my body and not caring if he wakes up or not. Eventually, though, he does let go. I look up and thank God, then I basically sprint to the bathroom and take my well-needed piss.

When I get back to Gerard's room, he's still asleep, but he's now sprawled out on the floor and drooling a little. I hold back laughter and walk back out, I think he'll be okay for a little while.

I walk down the steps and take my place on the couch from earlier, again putting my feet on Mikey's lap. He just sighs and accepts that I'm not going to give up.

"How's Gerard? He wouldn't tell me anything. He seems to only trust you," he asks accusingly.

"He's fine now, he's sleeping. When I went in there he was a sobbing mess and told me that he wanted to 'do it'," I answer, using air quotes and ignoring his accusing tone.

"What do you mean by 'do it'?" Ray asks from the other couch.

"I assume he meant either self harm or suicide," I sigh and try not to flinch at the words.

"He didn't, did he?" Mikey asks.

"No," I answer, trying to hold back a sarcastic response due to the serious topic.

He doesn't reply, just starts messing around with the end of my pants. That's how we spend our time for the next hour; silence.

Gerard comes shuffling down the stairs, major bed head. Or would it be floor head? Either way his black hair is sticking up in ways I didn't think it could.

"You left me for these losers, huh?" he asks, scratching his head a little.

"Well, I had to piss and when I came back, you looked pretty peaceful, so I didn't want to bother you." His eyes are still bloodshot, I'm not sure it's from sleep or crying.

"I don't think I would have minded," he says, sending me a smile. I look away and fight off a blush. Was he just... flirting?

He walks over and sits on the other side of Mikey, picking up the remote and turning on the television. "So, what's up?" He asks, looking through the channels.

"Gee, you are the only person I know who turns on the TV then starts making conversation," Mikey says, throwing his arms in the air in exasperation.

"Okay?" He asks, settling for X-Men, which I don't mind either. "Maybe I just wanted to know 'what's up' before I picked the channel, I wanted," he adds on, talking over the conversation between Wolverine and Rogue.

I only half listen to then while I watch the movie, I haven't seen it in a while so their petty argument is just annoying me, but I'm not going to say this because it isn't my house to tell them to shut-up in. The tv goes blank and I look over to see that Mikey turned it off and is now looking at me. "Hey. I was watching that!"