~ Howard Stark ~

"I don't want you to go" I sniffled as tears streamed down my face

"I know but I'll be fine Phia ok" James tried to reassure me. It was the day I had to say goodbye to my twin brother I didn't know when I'd see him again or if I ever saw him again.

"I know that, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to miss you, or worry about you every second that your gone."

"Yeah and you don't think I won't be worrying about you" James smiled at me wiping away a tear.

"The circumstances are different and you know it" I tried to smile through the tears but instead more started rolling down my face.

"Oh Phia" James said wrapping his arms around my body right, like it would be the last time he would ever hug me before spinning me around. "I've got to go" James put me down and then started to walk off when I quickly grabbed his hand

"Wait" I took my necklace off it had a D on it and James had a matching one but instead of a D he had J (we had had them since we were born) "take this so you always have a piece of me with you."

James took the necklace clasping it around his neck before taking off his J one "have mine so you'll never be alone."

I wrapped my arms around him again "I love you James."

"I love you to Dorothy"

I watched as James got onto the ship with the other soldiers, I watched as the ship started to leave the dock and waved as the image of my smiling brother waving back got smaller and smaller.

*********~ Two weeks later ~********

My dear twin Phil,

England is cold and muddy and grey. That's it, most of the England boys say that in the summer time it gets hotter but not often and since the war started everything has seemed grey, but I can tell that you'd like it occasionally you see flowers sprouted in a patch of grass and every time I do think of you and smile, the thought of coming home to you and Steve are keeping me sane and willing me to fight on knowing that while I do you are both safe.

I'm also hoping you haven't attracted any male attention now that I'm not there, just because I'm not there anymore doesn't mean you can go dancing by yourself.

I miss you Dorothy, I do, it's strange not having my twin around anymore but I'm doing my best, the fighting helps keep my mind off it. I'm also not the only person to have a twin in the camp, a man named jack had an older twin sister says he misses her terribly it's nice knowing I'm not the only one in this situation. I'll see you soon Dorothy,

Love your always older brother James.

Asshole, I thought reading the letter but I quickly got over it knowing he was missing me as much as I was missing him. I quickly wiped away a loose tear and did a quick glance around the near empty dinner to make sure no one could see me. It was a dreary Wednesday and I had only received the letter this morning yet I had already read it at least five times.

"Now what's a pretty dame like yourself sitting all by herself and crying no less."

I sniffed back the tears wanting to spill, raising my head to look at the man "a letter from my brother" I said waving the said letter in my hand.

"He stationed over seas" the oh so familiar man said sliding into the booth seat opposite me.

"Yes England. I'm Dorothy Barnes by the way" I said extending my hand for him to shake.

"Howard Stark" he replied shaking my hand.

"I know, I was there at the expo the other night."

"Well now I feel bad" he said, I let out a small laugh my pain and worry subsiding slightly but not much.

"It's fine Mr Stark I was just another face in the crowd."

"A beautiful face" I looked at him eyebrows raised unimpressed "this isn't working is it."

"I'm sorry but no."

"Please call me Howard and it's fine, but at least I got you to smile."

"Thank you" I smiled at him.

"So who's the lucky fella then" Howard asked calling over a waitress.

If I was drinking a drink I would of choked on it "excuse me."

"A whiskey and the lady will have-" Howard said to the waitress.

"A water please."

"Sure" the waitress gave Howard a look that my brother have to women sometimes before walking off.

"You got that look in your eye" Howard said to me.

"What look" the waitress came over and placed the drinks down.

"Thank you" Howard said not breaking eye contact with me "the look of love."

I felt a blush creep on my face "he's a friend, has been since we were kids but he doesn't feel the same way."

"How do you know" Howard said taking a sip of his drink.

"Know what" I said taking a sip of my own.

"That he doesn't feel the same way."

"I don't, but it doesn't matter much he's to good for me" I casted my eyes away from Howard and played with my necklace.

"So what your just left here to sit and wait" Howard said changing the subject which I was thankful for.

"Well what else can I do" I shrugged.

"Sign up."

"I've thought about it but no on listens to a women."

"Then you make them listen."