Sneak Peak

Hey guys this is a little preview of my story  The End of Times, so read and enjoy and go check the story out if you like what you read.I also wanted to get the reads up on the story so if you're interested in showing support and reading to check it out and let me know what you think.

Intro:

Have you ever wondered what the end of the world would look like? Ever wondered what it would be like to wake up one morning and find that half the world's population was gone; disappeared without a trace? Ever wondered what it would be like to find that the love ones you once buried in the ground suddenly stood before you causing chaos amongst the rest of the living? For those left standing witnessing the destruction of what used to be called civilization, they don't have to wonder because they're living it, and for the citizens living in a small town right outside of Phoenix, Arizona, it's all about getting through the lost of their love ones and surviving the nights of the horde of deadly creatures that lurk in the shadows.

"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep, and if I shall die before I wake I pray the lord my soul to take."

"Amen." Braya Kingston quoted opening her eyes and glancing at her six year old sister.

"Amen." Christy Kingston said opening her eyes and smiling at her older sister, unfolding her hands and getting up from her spot on the floor. Hopping in bed she pulled the covers of her blanket over her legs and laid down looking up into her big sister's eyes.

"Good night Christy." Braya said looking at her younger sister. She looked down at the young girl noticing how much Christy was starting to look just like their mother. Her soft dark brown curly hair draped around her shoulders and framed her face perfectly just like her mother, she even had her soft dark cocoa colored skin tone, and soft deep brown eyes. Just by watching her sister's action, Braya could tell that when the younger version of her mother grew up to become a young woman that she was going to have her mother's ways, she just hoped and prayed that she wouldn't have all of her mother's ways.

"Good night Braya." Christy said watching as her sister bent down and pulled the covers over her small body. She felt herself getting sleepier by the second, her eye lids dropped as she turned over and repositioned herself so that she was comfortable. Hearing the sound of her sister's footsteps on the wooden floor, Christy's eyes flew opened and she turned to watch Braya's figure leaving her room. "Braya?"

Hearing the sound of her little sister's soft voice, Braya turned to look at Christy placing a soft smile on her face. Letting out a soft sigh, Braya placed her hand on the light switch on the wall and waited for Christy to respond. "Yes?"

"Are we still going to celebrate my birthday tomorrow?" Christy asked looking at the small scowl on her big sister's face. "I'm sorry about what happened at the diner, I didn't mean to make Mrs. Hendricks fall and break her hip. It was a mistake and it'll never happen again, I promise."

Braya dropped her head and lifted her eyes towards Christy and sighed again. Playing it out for a while longer, Braya couldn't stop the smile that formed on her face from watching the pout that was forming on Christy's face. "Of course we can." Braya said shaking her head softly. "Good night Christy."

"Good night." Christy said rolling over to her side and falling asleep. "I love you Braya."

"I Love you too kid." Braya said turning the lights off and making her way out of the room, heading down the stairs and towards the living room. As she walked in, the smile that had been on her face dropped. To say that she was surprised to see what she saw was a lie. As she expected she walked in on her father struggling to pick himself up from the sofa, as empty beer bottles, and beer cans hit the floor as he unknowingly knocked them down.