Ch.28

Ch.28

"Wh-what did you just say?" Sage asked in bewilderment as a sly shaky laughter fell from her lips, and as her big brown eyes strayed over to him.

"Believe me, it came as a shock to all of us, but-"

"But nothing!" Sage shouted as she shook her head in frustration and jumped down from the hospital bed.

Due to certain circumstances, she wasn't sure of what was happening, but one thing that she did know was that there was no way in hell that she was pregnant. Yes, in that moment as she looked at Holland Michaels as if he had sprouted another head, she was sure that someone had been drinking a little too much from the punch bowel, because there was just no way of her being with child.

Deciding that she had had enough, and that Holland had just said something that would get her mind off Sawyer, Sage began to look around the room for her things.

She had a billion things running through her mind, and at the top of the list was Sawyer.

She didn't have time to play games with Holland, about a nonexistent pregnancy. Gathering her things and heading for the door, as an attempt at not going crazy, she found herself making it about an inch away from the door, before feeling the roughness of Holland's firm grasp around her wrist stopping her in her tracks.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked at a loss.

"What's it look like Holl," Sage sighed out in frustration, refusing to meet his eyes, "I'm going to go look for Sawyer."

"Sage, did you just hear what I just said?" Holland asked, as he kept a firm grip on her wrist. "Did you understand what I said?"

"Oh I heard Holl," Sage said out loud as she gave into her frustrations and once again turned her deep brown eyes on him, "but it doesn't matter. I don't know what would give you the assumption that I was...pregnant, but I assure that I'm not." She said as she gave him a look that begged him to believe her. She knew her body, and she knew that this was all nonsense.

Seeing the look of certainty in his eyes, and watching as he placed his own green orbs on her midsections and gave into a slight shrug, Sage nearly lost her mind when he spoke again.

"Sage." Holland said in a softer tone, realizing that this was all a lot to process. He understood that maybe he shouldn't have been the one to tell her something so intimate, knowing that this was all personal; he even understood how frustrated it must have been for Sage to find out that someone else knew she was pregnant before she herself knew. But because of the state of mind that she was in and the amount of stress that she was under, how could he not tell her what she needed to know. And with her emotions intertwined and linked to Sawyer's, his own stress added with hers was a lot for her body to handle.

He just wanted and was trying to be a good friend.

And even as he was debated on whether or not to take her against her will and lock her up for her own safety, all he wanted was to do right by Sage and Sawyer both.

"Stop!" Sage snapped as she pulled her wrist free from his hand. "Okay just stop, Holland. I-I don't know what you think you're doing, but I need you to stop. All I want right now is to find Sawyer, and I don't see why you're making this so hard. Why would you make up such a lie?" she questioned.

"It's not a lie Sage." Holland said as he dropped his eyes. "I wouldn't lie about something like this." He sad as he took a step closer to her only to watched as she visibly took a step away from him.