Ch.29

Ch.29

With the stench of blood lingering in the air, and the sight of torn body parts ripped to shreds, it was quickly becoming on of the most horrific things that Camryn Rogers had seen in his life. There wasn't much that made a man like him sick to his stomach, especially with him being in the position that he had been held in, but this sight only took the cake.

As he looked around to make sense of what he was seeing, one thing became fairly clear to him this situation and that was that and that was that a wave of horror had struck this small and quiet town of Montana, leaving nothing in sight intact.

Upon his arrival to the Rogue bar, Camryn had tried his best to mentally prepare for the picture that Conner and Leslie had painted for him, but taking in the scene for himself, it was clear he could never do or train himself to be prepared for such a sight.

With a team of men covering the air, in such of any resemble of life, he stood tall among the masses of torn body parts, and pools of blood that covered the air.

It truly was a sight that he never wished to see again.

Neither he nor his team could connect any of the torn fragments even if they wished to. And due to the large number of parts they were finding, there just wasn't a way to tell which part belong to any one person.

With sickness, treading to spill from his lips, he forced himself to remain in control as he tried his best to be strong in front of his men. The looks on their faces when they first arrived at the sight was still burned in his mind, and from the way they first reacted, it was clear to him that they were not prepared to see anything like this.

Taking his time to do a walk about as he examined the scene, the sight of a mutilated child laid in front of him caught his eyes, and for the first time that day, made Camryn turn his head in shame as his eyes bore into her ghastly overglanced eyes, as all of the light that once shined in them, no longer held, as a forever imprinted look of horror shown clearly on her small rounded face.

To him, she couldn't have been more than five or six years old as she lay in the middle of the street with blood stained on what was left of her body. From where he stood, kneeling over her taking it all in, he could see that the small being was missing half a leg, and the sight alone made him drop to his knees. He couldn't bring himself to take note of the way the rest of her looked, only knowing that it was much worse than he could have ever imagined. Her poor little body had been befouled in the worse way possible, and it sicken Camryn to know that although it was a horrible sight to behold, that she it didn't even compare to what some of the others had been through. It repulsed him to even have to compare her to some of the others who couldn't even be made out, because their heads had literally been ripped from their bodies, and their bodies had been torn to nearly nothing. It turned his stomach to say that out of all of the deaths in the town, she was not the worse of what seemed to be there. It both disgusted and revolted him to say that there had been other children, women and men that had gotten it worse.

It all made the young alpha feel...nauseated.

Not even the smell that he and the others had to take in, compared to the horrific sight of the town.

It was like walking into a real live nightmare; one that you couldn't escape, no matter how many times you pinched yourself.

Doing the only thing that he could in the moment, he placed a gentle hand on the young girl, and closed her shocked written eyes, and prayed that she'd peace in the afterlife, because what happened there was nothing for someone like her or the other dozens of children, and innocent souls to have to endure.