Ch.9

Hey guys, Aqierra here, I just wanted to thank you all for the reads and the support. Thanks to you, Life as a Beta's Mate: Sawyer's Regret is like my most accomplished story yet, and it's because of your support. As of now this story has over 10k reads and it's only on chapter nine. I have never gotten this far before and I have to admit it feels amazing. So again I just want to thank you all and hopefully I might even make the feature list someday. Anyways enjoy the chapter and let me know what you all think. <3

Ch.9

Waiting for a phone call that never came, Sage found herself waking up bright and earlier as the nerves and anxiety began to creep farther and farther into her mind. She never knew how much the human mind could take on; with a hundred and one things that constantly attack it, Sage found it hard to believe that she hadn't found her breaking point, but she knew for sure that it was coming.

With her mind bouncing back and forth between her sick grandmother and Sawyer's odd behavior towards one of his oldest friends, she found herself cleaning every square inch of her home, trying her best to look for some sort of distraction.

By the time that she had finished cleaning, she had checked in on her grams on several occasions trying hoping that she would be strong enough to eat just a bit; she avoided all contact with her father who had yet to acknowledge the arrival of his eldest child, and she had just about finished preparing dinner.

Not able to think much of it until she was completely done, she looked around the home and saw just how much she had gotten done in one day, and was completely surprised by the fact. On a normal occasion it would take her a year just to clean her own room, because her lazy mind would not allow her to even make a bed once she got out of it. But lately with everything going on in her life, the distractions she sought really gave her that extra push to get things done. And she had even managed to get some work done, as she looked over all the files she had on the children that she had seen since she started working at the high school.

One thing about her job that she loved was that it caused her to take a break from her personal life, to help someone else sort theirs out. It was something that she loved to do and with things going as they were now, she was thankful for the small break.

But when things died down and she was no longer contend with the distractions, she had to face the music. And now was that time. It was going on six at night and her grams had still been resting, and Sage had long since finished cleaning the place, and was now sitting at the kitchen table staring off into thin air, when the thoughts of the other night had quickly found its way into her mind.

She could remember the look on Sawyer's face as he stepped to Camryn in a dangerous demeanor, that she had never witnessed him in before. Those blood shot red eyes seeped deeper and deeper into her thoughts as the distant sound her Sawyer's low growl still hunted her mind.

She could remember watching as he took his leave, and turning her soft brown eyes onto Camryn, Dakota and Mila with questionable looks, but received little to nothing in response. She remembered how they brushed off her questions, and quickly changed the subject, leaving her with more unanswered questions.

She remembered when the three of them left, and how she lay in bed really thinking to herself how odd it was that she had ran into Sawyer in the city instead of in Greenland. It had never really crossed her mind before until now that she had spent the better part of two months in town and never once saw any lingering traces of him. Before last night, and before learning that he had living in the city, Sage had made it her main concern to not run into Sawyer and took the liberty to scan every inch of a room that she entered just in hopes that she would spot him and have enough time to make a quick get away before he and his heighten senses had enough time to catch her scent.