Ch.16

Hey guys, Aqierra here. I just waned you all to keep in mind that I really do love to hear from you all and what you think. I'm really pushing for more comments to see you what my readers are thinking and expecting to see. So I really want to hear what you all have to say. Don't be afraid to drop a comment or two, or three lol, but no seriously let me here more of your reactions. I love reading about your reactions to the story. So go a head and keep reading, but don't forget to voice your thoughts.

  Thanks,

Ch.16

He was in the middle of working a thirty eight hour shift, when he had finished checking on his last patient when he exited out of the room, looking down at the clip checking over the medical records when he felt his body slam into someone in front of him. Looking up from the patients charts his eyes fell on the small brunette in front of him standing in her scrubs with her phone in hand.

As the two of them stood there taking each other in, Bruno had every urge to say something to ease the situation, but found that it would be best if he hadn't, which was why he quickly diverted his eyes and made a move to step aside so he could go elsewhere.

In a hasty manner, he quickly pushed passed the young woman.

As he took a couple of steps forward, the sound of her soft toned voice sounded in the semi crowded hospital hallway.

"Wait!" She said causing him to stop in his steps.

Closing his eyes, and wishing that he was anywhere but here, he closed his eyes tightly as he took in a deep breath and exhaled softly, before placing a patient smile on his face and turned to face her.

"Can I help you with something Dr. Rogers?" He said in a calm tone as he placed his eyes on her once more, waiting for her to respond. Thinking that it was best to cause a scene he held his composure as a way to not draw attention to his self. The last thing that he needed or wanted was to bring unwanted attention, which was why he wasn't sure why she was talking to him out in public.

"Can we talk?" She asked softly as her kind hearted eyes met his.

"Is it about a patient?" he asked as is voice started to take on a cooler edge.

"No." she stated as she softly shook her long brown hair.

"Then I don't think we have anything to talk about." He said as he started to turn around and walk away again. Not making it very far due to the fact that she had reached out and grabbed his arm, once again coming to a sudden stop.

"Bruno, please." She said in a soft tone that he couldn't deny.

Maybe it was because of the fact that he still had ties to her and the pact or maybe it was due to the fact that he had always been a respectful person and couldn't see himself turning his back on someone who had something to say to him. Whatever it was it had him stopped in his tracks as he once again turned to meet her soft blue orbs.

Sighing softly and tilting his head to the side he pinned her with his eyes. "What can I do for you Dakota?" he found himself asking, wanting more than anything to turn and walk away. The last thing he needed was an angry alpha on his case.

"I just want to talk." She said softly still looking at him.

"There's nothing to talk about." He said in a assured tone.

"I think there is."

"Dakota-"

"Look, I've wanted to do this for the longest of times, I just could never find the right time. So I'm making this the right time. We need to talk Bruno, and I'm not taking no for an answer. So we can do thing here or we can find somewhere else to do this."