Ch.25

Ch. 25

Was it wrong for him to be sitting at a bar drowning his sorrows in the hardest liquor that the place had to offer?

If it was, then he truly didn't care. At the very moment his thoughts had been overtaking by the thoughts of her. The only woman that he had ever loved so deeply had cut him deep, and the fact that she didn't even know it made it all the more worse.

The look on Sage's face, when he told her that he knew she had been sleeping with other guys, was a look that nearly brought him to his knees. With just a simple look of recognition spreading through her eyes, as he told her he knew, Sawyer felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. The woman he loved so dearly had given herself over to other men, without even thinking about what that would do to their already shattered bond. And granted, that he was the first one to break their bond, he knew that he had only done it because he wanted to protect her from his world.

His only goal was to keep her safe, while hers was to what? He didn't even know why she was doing what she had been doing with those guys?

Was it to spite him?

Was it to fill a void that he had left?

Or was it to just make herself feel better, under the circumstances that she was under?
Whatever it was, Sawyer hadn't the slightest of clues, and because of that the images of Sage with other men, spread though his mind, as he played out what that might have looked like.

God only knew what it took for him to walk into the Rogue bar and to smell her scent in the back room, to keep his mind sane. Smelling her scent in the air, and tasting the arousal that hung with it, had nearly drove him mad with rage, as thoughts of murdering Ethan consumed him. Somehow, Sawyer had managed to remain in control after learning that they had slept together after he and Sage had meet back up after all of those years.

But after learning about their second time together, Sawyer felt himself ready to tear a guy he had called a friend to shreds.

With the thought of murdering Ethan in a cold blooded way, the glass that had been in Sawyer's hand shattered.

Not realizing that he had been too far gone in his thoughts, Sawyer snapped back to attention as he looked around the crowded Montana Rogue Bar, noticing how some of the human guest had jumped in a start from his frustration.

With a rough sigh leaving his lips, he ran a tired hand through his hair before placing his hands over his face, trying with all of his might to get a grip.

There he was trying to come to terms with the way that he and Sage's relationship turned out, when he was supposed to be mentally preparing his mind for the fight he had in just a short hour. Knowing the way that the rogue world worked and the way that Coleman's mind worked, he knew that he was in for another death match with his opponent.

Because Coleman and the others like him, who supported the brutal fights, Sawyer knew just what was in store for tonight. He knew Coleman, like the rotten piece of shit he was, and he knew that the asswhole wouldn't stop matching him with the enraged wolves for a second.

Sawyer wasn't blind to Coleman's plans by the leash. He knew that the more matches that he through him in, that eventually Sawyer would lose, and when he did, that would leave Coleman full range on getting to Keith, and using him for his special talent of sneaking into high ranking pack territories without getting notices, and when that was done, he'd through the kid back into the cages for him to fight it out to the death. And as good as Keith was with getting into pack lands, he had made it perfectly clear that he wasn't a fighter and that he was a pacifist.