{31} Tri-Wizard Competition

t h i r d  p e r s o n  P O V

Today was the day of the second task of the Tri-Wizard competition, and Draco Malfoy has not seen
{Y/N} Potter anywhere all day.
As the task begun, and Harry was shoved into the lake, Draco begun to panic even more. She wasn't here to cheer on her own brother. One by one, Hermione, and then Cho popped up with the guys who saved them, and then it finally clicked. {Y/N} was down there, waiting to be saved by Harry, and by the time one hour is up she will lose all of her air and drown.

{Y/N} was not able to move and her eyes were closed, yet, she could still see everything perfectly.
She watched as Harry was torn between saving his sister, and Fleur's younger sister.
Time slipped by, and by the time he grabbed onto his sisters hand, he had three minutes left, and she could feel herself regaining control. She also felt the loss of oxygen.

Harry shouted a spell that freed both girls and shot them upwards, and by the time this came around, {Y/N} had woken up and was currently coughing and gasping for air, only to inhale water. She covered the smaller girls mouth just as she awoke, hoping that she wouldn't make the same mistake.
The two surfaced, the smaller girl perfectly fine as she gasped out and begun to swim to the ladder, while {Y/N} threw up water and coughed, her eyes blurring.

There was a splash, and then strong arms curled around her freezing body and pulled her towards the ladder, not once letting go of her. She looked up to see Draco, his normally emotionless grey eyes full of fear and relief at the same time as he swam towards the metal, slowly helping his girlfriend up the ladder before himself.

Harry surfaced, and he too was pulled onto the deck, Hermione draping her own towel across his shoulders while Fleur draped hers across {Y/N}'s shoulders. "You helped to save my sister, along with Harry!" She cried out, kissing {Y/N}'s freezing cheek before rushing away towards Harry.

{Y/N}'s body was stiffening, her eyes fluttering shut at loss of breath and heat.
"Baby, stay with me, please." Draco murmured, pulling the girl closer to him, trying to warm her up. "I cannot lose you."
"You aren't gonna..... gonna lose.. me.." She mumbled, leaning her head against his shoulder. "I promise.."

"Then stay awake." He pleaded, his arms wrapping around her as he lifted her girl up, who was now limp in his arms.
Her arms dangled as did her legs, her head tilted to the side, her pale blue lips parted ever so slightly, indicating that she had indeed passed out.
Draco sprinted to the hospital wing, tucking her body close to his.

He set her down on the hospital her, allowing the doctor and nurse to start warming her up, putting a mask on her face, making sure she was okay. After saying that {Y/N} was okay, just had slight hypothermia, they left the pair alone.

"Thank you." She whispered, touching his cheek affectionately. "Again, for saving me."
"Anytime." He whispered, kissing her lips softly. "I'll always come to your rescue."
"Good." And then she was asleep again, this time, she gripped his hand the entire time, and he smiled.

He'd never let anyone hurt her. Ever.