{40} Buckbeak

I am there.
Waiting, watching.
Keeping to the shadows.

But when you need me,
I'll step out of the shadows
And protect what's
Mine.
-Anonymous

Y o u r  P O V

I stood behind the Gryffindors and near the Slytherins, my red and gold tie tucked in my robes. Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle all stood next to me, surrounding me in a protective circle. The hood of my robe was up, hiding me from all the other Gryffindors so they wouldn't know one of their house members were even associating with the enemy. Blaise was standing to my left, his taller frame blocking all of my house. He was holding onto my hand, and he was the only boy allowed to do that in our group. Draco trusts Zabini.
Draco also knew that if anyone, besides hisself, can calm me down. It's Blaise.

If you haven't gotten it by now, I am dating the Draco Malfoy. The heir of Slytherin as some say. The platinum haired git. He isn't mean 24/7, he's goofy and caring of me, and majorly territorial. So I'm surprised he lets Blaise anywhere near me.
Blaise also overpowers me. So I can't do anything stupid.

Where is Draco you ask?

Ever since Harry climbed onto that creature, Buckbeak, he made his way to the front of the Slytherins, his eyes narrowed. I knew this wasn't going to end well, so when Harry got off the creature and everyone applauded him for his awesomeness, Draco pushed through what was left of the kids in front of him and scoffed.

"Yeah, you aren't so difficult are you?" He sneered.

"Draco, back away." I heard Hagrid say loudly the closer my boyfriend got to the Beast, and it reared up on its hind legs, and Draco let out a terrified screech.

This set me off.

In a panic, I tore myself out of Blaise's tight grip, and I heard him swear out and then shout to Draco desperately. I shoved past all the kids, my mind only worried about him.
"Get back {Y/N}!" I heard someone call out, and it occurred to me that my hood was lowered and my tie whipping around in the wind.
When I finally reached him, I used all of my strength to shove the boy out of the way, Buckbeak striking my chest with a sickening crack.
I fell straight onto my back just as Hagrid rushed forward and calmed down his pet, at the moment I felt zero pain. I just couldn't breathe.

My head was tilted backwards awkwardly and I was gasping, my arms and legs splayed out.

"No!" I heard a voice shout, and then Draco and the whole crew was standing over me, just as the golden trio were rushing towards me.
"Hagrid!" Hermione shouted. "She needs to go the nurse!"

"Draco step away!" I heard Ron shout, but he refused immediately by cradling my head in his arms.
"That bloody pigeon struck her chest!" He yelled, and then swore. "She can't regain her breath!"

"Buckbeak struck her chest, right where her lungs are located." Hermione shouted, holding both her friends back. "She needs to get to Madame Pomphrey."

Hagrid picked me up, my head tilting to the side as my mouth hung up, I was still trying to breathe. He begun to make his way towards the gate when Draco swore aloud. "For fucks sake! Give her to me you bloody oaf!" He pulled me into his arms. "I'll just apparate to the courtyard."

"You can't do that-"

There was a whipping sound as our bodies tangled together, and just like that he apparated both of us to the entrance of the school.
"Keep those pretty {e/c} eyes open babygirl." He whispered, sprinting inside.

I arrived at the nurses rather quickly, and then I woke back up to a mask covering my face, pumping air into my lungs. My chest was bandaged and I felt like I was burning up. I craned my head to see arms curled around my torso, Draco's head buried into my neck as he slept.

The clock on the wall read 1:38 a.m.
He's not supposed to be in here.
"Draco." I whispered, wriggling around in his grasp enough that his eyes fluttered open and he smiled sleepily up at me.

"Hello princess." He murmured, planting a small kiss on my lips.
"I'm glad you aren't dead."

"You can't get rid of me that easily." I whispered back, chucking softly at his tired expression. "Go back to sleep."
"No, I'll keep you company." He murmured again, his fingers tangling themselves in my hair. "You've been asleep for 2 days."

"Draco, nonsense, go back to sleep. I'm still tired."

"After sleeping for 48 hours straight?" He asked in disbelief.

"Mhm." I kissed his cheek and tilted my head so that his head was nuzzled back in my neck, and my head was leaning against his. "Sleep."

"Okay.. I love you."

"I love you too baby boy."

IM ACTUALLY PROUD OF THIS LIKE? WJSHWIWBW WLSOBE