{41} "You Don't Love Me"

It hurts
when you realize
you aren't as important
to someone as you
thought you were.
-Anonymous

•T h i r d  P e r s o n  P O V •

{Y/N} stood in front of her boyfriend, tears flowing down her face as she spoke. "You don't love me."
"I do love you." Draco replied quickly, reaching out to touch the trembling girl. She just stepped back and shook her head. "You love me, Draco. But not like that. You love her. Astoria."
"{Y/N}, please-"
"I see the way you look at her." Her voice broke as she lowered her head again, shaking her head even more. "You love her."

"Listen to me, I can't tell my darkest secrets to her, I tell them to you, I smile around you, I cry around you, I'm myself around you. Not her." Draco rambled, but she kept shaking her head.
"Draco Malfoy, I am your best friend, but she means more to you."
"Please stop doing this." He whispered, tears running down his own face. "Please, baby, you're hurting me."
"Listen to me, Dray. Yes I love you and I won't ever stop loving you, but you stopped loving me a long time ago."

Draco remained silent as he cried, thoughts tumbling through his mind. She was right, he didn't love her like that anymore, did he? He closed his eyes, the feeling of her lips against his, the way her nails dug into his back during intimate moments, the way she laughed and smiled when he said anything at all to her. Her eyes sparkling in the sunlight, the way her hair cascaded and flowed down her body, the way she would kiss him territorially in front of any female who dared to look at him. He would hold her hand when she was nervous or scared, they helped each other both physically and mentally. They had tickle wars, they studied together, they kissed 24/7. Why is she saying this?

Astoria Greengrass could hardly compare to {Y/N} {L/N}. Sure, her blue eyes were enchanting and her lips were pink and full, but she didn't see Draco as {Y/N} did. She saw Draco as a toy who she could seduce when she wanted to, while {Y/N} just loved his presence.
Tired of her ranting, Draco sighed, grabbed her waist and pressed his lips against hers. {Y/N} did not fight back, instead she broke down and kissed him back with so much passion it almost hurt.
When Draco pulled away, she lowered her head again. "I'm sorry baby.."

Then he understood. She was tearing herself apart. She was building her walls up, blocking him out, putting herself down. Almost like a panic attack in a way. She thought he was too good, she felt less pretty then Astoria.

"{Y/N}, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on." Draco whispered, cupping her chin. "Astoria hardly compares to you."
Then he repeated exactly what he thought in his head, and how much he loved her.

"I need you, {Y/N}. I want you, and I love you."
"I love you so much." She broke down again, wrapping her arms around his torso. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Sometimes, we just need to cry it out."