{54} Evil Within

House- any
Gender- any
Your best friend- Harry

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

What most people forget to mention, is that when Harry himself went through those moments were Voldemort had control of his mind, he didn't always have control. Sometimes, another part of him was in charge, and I happened to meet that side.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

I sat criss-crossed on Harry's bed, my chin in my hands as he showed me the Mauraders Map. It was an intriguing thing, really, but even I knew something was off.

He was in the middle of speaking when it happened.
"And if you look here, you can see Malfoy walking up the corridor-"
And then just like that, he stopped. He blinked a few times, he rubbed his eyes, and he begun to sweat.
I was beginning to panic. I had slid backwards, so that I was part way off his bed, and had already slipped on my slippers. "Harry?"

He looked right at me, but all I could see was black. He turned his head, like you do when you crack your neck, but instead a vein popped out a little. I, being the wimp I am, screeched.

He smiled at me, and begun to make his way to his bed. So, I stumbled backwards into Ron's empty bed, seeing as he'd gone to Seamus's room, and screeched again. Harry kept making his way towards me, those haunting eyes making my skin crawl.

Who is this boy?

When the boy lunged at me, I used that to duck down and sprint to his door, and running down the stairs.
I made it into the empty and cold corridor when he caught up with me. Harry's hand curled around my throat as he shoved me against the stone wall, his eyes completely black now. The whites of his eyes were gone.

"Harry-" I choked out, but he shushed me.

"Just look into my eyes, {Y/N}." His voice sounded garbled, and that freaked me out. "Everything will work out, just look at me."
I tilted my head down, my eyes glued onto the floor. Don't look at him.
"{Y/N}. I asked nicely, don't make me ask again."

"Shove off, Harry." I whispered.

In one fluent motion, he pressed harder on my throat with one hand and roughly cupped my chin with the other, forcing me to look up. As soon as we locked eyes, I wanted to look away, to close my eyes, anything. But I couldn't. He had me.
I screamed out as his eyes seemed to light up slightly, still the sickening black color, and he grinned. "Good girl."

The longer eye contact we made, the more pain and chaos I felt. It's difficult to explain, but I felt chaotic and ruthless and like I wanted to tear everything apart. I wanted to give up.
"Potter!"

Harry was yanked off of me by non other then Draco Malfoy himself, who grabbed the boy's throat angrily. "What the absolute fuck are you doing?"

"I, well, I don't know."

He sounded normal, and when Draco roughly turned him around so that Harry could see me, could see the purple, hand shaped bruise on my neck, I could visually see him tense up. "I found you choking your so called best friend. She was screaming."

"{Y/N}?.. that's not true.. is it?"

"Harry.." my voice broke, and I so badly wanted to forgive him and say nothing happened, but I couldn't. "It's true, you were choking me."

I hate crying, so I had to hold everything back.

"What happened to you Harry?"

Unfortunately, Draco wasted no time in shoving my bestfriend back towards our common room. He turned around, his usual stormy eyes, looking more calm and worried. He stepped closer to me and skimmed his fingers against the bruise, his own face contorting with pain. "It seems to be hurting you more then it's hurting me."

"It's an ugly bruise." Came his reply, and his fingers drifted away from me. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

"You weren't the one who tried to kill me, Draco."
His face contorted with an emotion I couldn't pinpoint, and it was gone in a flash. "Potter is supposed to be your friend-"
I shook my head, not wanting to hear the rest. "You don't understand what he's going through."

"But it gives him the okay to choke you?"
Again, I shook my head. "No, it doesn't, but I'm not angry with him."
"How? I'd be pissed!"
"Draco, I thank you for caring about all of this, but it isn't your battle, nor is it mine." I begun to back up towards the common room. "But it really isn't your problem."
His arm shot out and Draco grabbed onto my hand, his eyes full of sudden emotion that he wouldn't dare say. "Wait, its not safe for you to be alone with all of this happening, come with me."

"Dray,"

"Please {Y/N}. Just this once?" His eyes were soft, and his touch was gentle and needy at the same time.
"Why do you care?" I whispered. "Draco, this isn't your fight-
"But it's part yours, and that's why I need to help you. That's why I want you to stay with me. I care about you."

I didn't know what to say, except for-

"I can't sleep in the Slytherin dorms."

"I know,  but we can stay in the Room of Requirement." He pulled me down the corridor. "Trust me."

And that's my story as to why I am currently snuggled up against the Slytherin boy I never would've dreamed I'd be cuddled with, in the Room of Requirement. That's my story as to why, every night, I sneak out of my common room to meet this doof, just to cuddle with him.

And no, I do not regret a second of my choice. Of our choice. Because maybe, just maybe, Draco Lucius Malfoy, can be the boy who will stand by my side while I fight my own battles.