Husband And Wife

Alice POV:
We go to the bar and I get my usual tequila and he a whiskey. I take my shot and he sips on his drink.
"I can't believe we are doing this, in the middle of Greendale having a drink at some random bar" I say not quite taking in the fact he let me drag him here.
"I know your crazy" he chuckles.
"Like no one knows us here, that means no expectations, no consequences and no judgment" I state realising that we could literally do anything and no one would know.
"It's almost like we are living another life as different people for one night" he joins in with my excitement and we sound like reckless teens again. He was right though, here we were different people. Well not quite, we were teenage us again. Here we were allowed to be together and not get judged for it.
I feel a hand tap my shoulder and I turn around to see a tall man. He is good looking and is dressed well like a gentleman.
"Can I help you?" I say looking puzzled.
"Yeah I'm just wondering what a beautiful woman in a dress like that is doing here" he says. Usually a comment like this would make a girl blush but only one man had that effect on me and I currently had my back to him.
"I'm just enjoying Greendale" I say casually because I would sound crazy if I told him I ran away for a day long escape with my high school boyfriend who was supposed to be out of my life but I asked to pick me up from a cell a couple of hours ago.
I was around to swivel around to talk to Fp again but before I can the man speaks again.
"I'm Devon, and you are?" He says extending his arm for me to shake.
"Alice" I reply shaking his hand politely. I was used to being fake and polite to people from my northside life but I wasn't quite sure why I was right now. All I wanted to do was talk to Fp and although this man is extremely attractive and charming I don't want to talk to him.
"Pretty name for a pretty lady, can I buy you a drink Alice?" He asks again charmingly. All the while I can feel Fp's glare on the man.
"Look I'm probably not the kind of lady you think I am. I'm messy, uncontrollable and impulsive. Believe me you don't want me out of all the girls in here" I say honestly. I hate when men look at me and assume I'm some sort of timid, shy woman just because I'm some what attractive.
Most men would want to change everything about me apart from how I look. To tame me into the perfect house wife as Hal did but life's too short and I have wasted enough living like that. Tonight I wanted to be me for one.
The one man who has never tried one bit to change me is still standing behind me.
"That only makes me way more interested in you" Devon reply's.
Fp POV:
Who does this guy think he is? We were having a fun conversation before he butted in. It wasn't my right to but in because she's not mine but a part of me felt like today she was. Today we were who we wanted to be and that was the real us together again. I couldn't sit back and watch another man chat her up so I excuse myself.
I couldn't compare to a man like that he is charming and well spoken. Everything she would want in a man I guess. I go to the bathroom and just wash my hands because I don't actually need the toilet.
I force myself to go back out there and hope that she's not on his lap or something. They are sitting at a table and she looks around for me. She spots me and her eyes lock onto mine.
"Help me" she mouths and I know exactly what she wants me to do.
She turns back around to face the man and I walk up to her and put my arms around her leaning my head on her shoulder.
"Hey honey see you made a friend over here, want another drink?" I say emphasising the word friend so take the hint.
"Yes please baby" she says turning her face to mine and kissing me lightly on my lips. I try not to act surprised but I was blushing slightly which was embarrassing.
"In fact come over to the bar with me and you can choose what you want" I say.
"You will have to excuse me" she says getting up and holding my hand to lead me to the bar.
"Why the hell did you leave me like that ?" She complains once we are out of his view.
"I just figured maybe you wanted to talk to him" I explain. It never crossed my mind that she wouldn't want to talk to him. He is way more interestingly and gentlemanly than me.
"I don't want him I want you.....to talk to you I mean" she says still holding my hand and squeezing it tighter.
"I want you too" I say ignoring the second part she added on to cover herself.
Suddenly my hands are on her waist and hers at my neck and  we are both locking lips once again but not for show this time, it's almost as if we are having a conversation through the kiss now. Telling each other how we really feel just through the movements of our mouths.
We finally pull away a noticing we are in public and we look ridiculous having a giant make out session in the middle of a bar.
"Let's get out of here" she says finishing my drink that was still at the bar and tugging at my arm.
"Where are we going?" I ask as she puts a note on the bar to pay and pulls me out of the bar. I love it when she's impulsive and just happy in general.
"A hotel" she answers as we walk though the buildings.
"Hal and I had business trips down here and he always would take me to this fancy hotel" she said making me cringe slightly hearing about him.
"So we are going to stay in the even fancier one next to it" she continues and I feel a surge of relief to know we weren't going to sleep in a bed her and Hal might have screwed in. Uggg even the thought makes me shudder.
"Why didn't he take you to the best hotel?" I ask knowing if I had the ability to I would give her the best because it's what she deserves.
"He probably saved that one for Penelope" she mutters and then her eyes grow wide obviously surprised she said that.
"What do you mean by that?" I ask because it can't be what I'm thinking. How could anybody even an idiot like Hal cheat on her?
"He was fucking her" she says in a mixture of feebleness and anger.
"What the hell?" I almost shout and her eyes shoot from the ground to me.
"Sorry I didn't mean to shout I just can't believe anybody could cheat on you" I continue.
"Well Hal did, I shouldn't even care but I can't pretend it doesn't bother me a little. That he showed her more attention and love than me. Sometimes the craving for love makes you forget the man your with is a dick. I'm beginning to think love is just an illusion, something we convince ourselves we are feeling but in reality it all a facade. I don't think i felt or had any love for that man in the 20 years we have been married" she says breaking my heart a little. She deserves to be loved and even though I wasn't rich or nearly good enough for her I could give her one thing Hal couldn't, love.
"Hey..the mans an idiot" I say pushing a stray Lock of hair behind her ear as we walk. I want to say so much more, that I love her, that I want to give her all much attention and love but we can't say too much that we may regret tomorrow.
She nods and we continue walking until we reach a massive, fancy hotel.
We walk inside and she put on her best Northside Alice demeanour once again.
She knows exactly how to act in places like these, polite and well mannered making me laugh slightly because my Alice was far from that.
She gets us a couples room and as we walk alway the woman at the reception says
"I hope you and your husband enjoy the room" and I wait for Alice to object but she doesn't.
"We will thank you" she replies making me smile wishing she really was my wife. I had dreamed about her being my wife since we were teens and now even though we were pretending it still felt right.
"Your good at that" I complement.
"At what?" She asks as we get into the elevator.
"Being posh" I explain.
"Don't remind me" she says almost embarrassed of it.
"It's cute but I prefer the real you" I say.
"You may be the only person who ever has" she admits and I lift her chin up with my hand.
"You know that's not true" I try to convince her and she gives me a grateful and weak smile.
I kiss her forehead lightly because it's a safer option than her lips but she pulls my face down after and gives me a soft kiss on the lips.
In the middle of our kiss the elevator door opens and we spilt apart upon seeing people waiting to get in.
She giggles slightly as we get out awkwardly exchanging glances with the people waiting.
One gives me a guy look and then his eyes fall to her then back to me as if to say 'lucky man' and I nod raising my eyebrows telling him I know.
Once we get out of there view she asks me "what was that all about?"
"It's a man thing" I explain not really sure on how to tell her.
"Well I want to know this guy thing" she whines and I laugh at her.
"He basically thinks your hot and he was saying I was a lucky man to have you and I nodded to tell him I know" I explain further and she smiled shyly even showing a blush making her even cuter in my eyes.