Facade

Fp POV:
Watching her walk away has to be the hardest thing I've ever seen in my life. If she just let me explain myself we wouldn't be in this mess but once again the world seems to be against us.
Yes Gladys was back but no I am not with her. She needs a place to stay whilst in riverdale and because she's the mother of my children I have provided her with one. That's the only reason I did.
Alice has moved on though, before she even knew Gladys has come back. I guess the uncertainty of our relationship got to her. She deserves more than this hidden romance but I can't help but feel mad on how quick she choose another man over me. Not mad, just hurt that i channel through being angry.
But she's out of my sight now, out of my life now. The only thing she won't get out of is my heart. She's taken it with her.

Alice POV:
My way of coping with this whole situation is to either bawl my eyes out or just get mad and let loose. One sounds way less painful the the other so I pick up a handful of mud and smear it on his truck. And then another and another until his truck is basically camouflaged. If I had a brick I would have thrown it at his window but no luck in that front. I'm out of his sight now but he will know this is my doing. How can I say goodbye without leaving him something to remember me by.
"Bastard" I mutter as I storm into my car slamming my own door and speeding back him to get ready for my 'date'. It's going to be more like hanging out with a friend at the Wrym but as long as there will be alcohol I'll have a great time.
I get easy putting on my serpent clothes for once not for Fp. Just for me this time and I don't care who sees me. After applying my make up I head to the Wyrm.
"Hey hogeye, I'm guessing my daughter forced you to do this so don't worry about actually having to feel something for me" I tell him straight up. He is at the bar cleaning a glass and he chuckles at me.
"I'm guessing they forced this upon you too" he laughed and I nod.
He passes me a shot of tequila and I take it quickly.
"Okay you want to tell me what's nothing you?" He asks surprising me a little but then I realise he probably remembers how I drink to get things off my mind from when I was a serpents.
"Is it that obvious?" I ask and he nods passing me another shot.
"Have you ever felt something so strongly for someone but everything in your path is against you being together?" I ask him staring blaming at my glass which he refills for me.
"I can't say I have, explain it more and I'll get it" he says cleaning another glass.
I say the only thing that comes to mind, it's not like he knows about me and Fp. It condo be anyone for all he knows.
"I think I love this guy-" I begin but he cuts me off.
"Oh Fp" he says not even fazed by it.
"What why would you think that?" I stumble getting in a flustered state.
"Oh come on Alice, let's be real here. neither of you really moved on from each other did you?" He carries on and I look away from him as to not give myself away but I already have.
"How do you know all of this?" I ask him. If he knew who else knew? Did anyone hear me and Fp in the toilet?
"A while back when Fp was still drinking, he would come here and just vent to me. About how he saw you that day or how he misses you. Pretty soppy for the serpent king" he explains and I hide my head in my hands because listening to him talk about Fp only makes it harder.
"Gladys is back so I doubt he will be doing that again" I mutter rolling my eyes.
"Even when Gladys was here he used to do it" he replies and he's only making me feel worse.
" Just give  me another shot" I order needing to forget. He chuckles at me and pours me another.

I spend around an hour at the Wyrm before heading home. The rest of the 'date' we spent avoiding the subject of Fp.
I walk into the house and am met by Betty.
"How did it go mom?" She asks sitting me down wanting to know all the details.
"Like two old friends catching up" I explain trying to get up but she stops me.
"Anddd..." she waits for me to continue.
"And just that" I reply because It's true. Me and hogeye made that clear the second I walked in.
"Uh you didn't even try did you" she complains making me sigh
"We are friends Elizabeth, nothing more" I tell her finishing the conversation and walking upstairs going straight to bed.

Fp POV:
I let myself smile sadly looking at my truck. Yep Alice Smith would always leave her mark, not just on me but on my truck as well.
I try and picture her doing it but it only makes me feel worse.
I go back to the trailer and my family are all sitting around watching Tv. It should be the best thing I could see, it's what Jug has always wanted and I thought I did too but seeing it feels wrong. It's not real. Alice may have a fake northside persona but I've also created a fake facade of a man. A man who is supposedly in love with Gladys but I'm not. I'm in love with the idea of my family being together again but the reality of it is I can't fall in love with her because I'm already in love with Alice.
I sit down with them anyway and try and forget all about Alice.