Forever and A Day

Forever and A Day.

I always remember that day, it was full of love. I cherished every second of it, the our eyes locked into each other and acted as if we were the only ones standing in front of the huge crowd. When we both admitted our feelings, unbelievably felt surreal. I remember the day when we first met, we're strangers back then.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi." I choked as I greet her, the Professor was not around and its technically our free cut. She was busy enough to hear me, both ears plugged with earphones. Rinig ko pa nga tunog ng kanta niya, snabera ata 'to.

Everybody went out of the class except the two of us, I am too lazy to go out so I decided to stay.

"Miss?" I asked again but no response, I sighed and pulled her earphones off.

Finally, she looked at me. Her face seemed tired but still manged to smile, she didn't get mad or whatsoever. I was wrong, she's not snob its just her music that keeps her off.

"Hello."

Her voice--sweet like apple, I thought some child was talking to me but no... She is about 17 years old I guess. I smiled and waved at her, she did the same thing.

"Bakit hindi ka sumama sa kanila? Sa kaibigan mo?" I asked, she was with two girls earlier and it is weird for me to see someone allowing to let their friends go without hesitation.

"Gusto ko kasi magpalamig, eh yung isa gutom na gutom kaya kumain na sila." She said and sits properly, "Ikaw? 'Di ka lumabas?" Asking back.

"Tinatamad, tsaka break kasunod ng subject na 'to. Mahabang oras para sakin, ang boring diba?" I laughed, tumawa rin siya... Ang cute niya tumawa, parang bata talaga. I realized we don't even know each other yet, "Anong pangalan mo?" I asked.

"Alyssa Valdez, ikaw?" She smiled again, and that smile is melting me.

"Kiefer, Kiefer Ravena." I offered my hand for a handshake, we shook hands after. A sudden chill was felt, her hands were soft, I can hold it forever.

"Same tayo, break ko din pagkatapos. Gusto mo sabay tayo mananghalian?" She asked.

Bakit pa ba ako tatanggi? Mabait siya at tingin ko masarap kaibiganin, hindi siya nahihiya sakin at hindi rin ako nahihiya sa kanya 'di tulad sa ibang babaeng nakikilala ko.

"Sure."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simula nun ay mas nakilala ko siya, we're both Athletes. Siya sa Volleyball at ako naman sa Basketball, she served one year residency bago siya makalaro sa UAAP.

I remember, one year since we both met at that classroom. It was her birthday, at ako naman bilang Bestfriend niya that time ay sinurprise ko siya.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ly, tanggalin mo na ang Blindfold mo." Den ordered and Alyssa slowly removed her Blindfold.

"Happy birthday!" I said, lumapit ako para yakapin siya at ramdam kong ngumiti siya sa ginawa ko, "Nagustuhan mo ba?" Tanong ko habang yakap ko siya.

Bumitiw siya sa yakap at umiyak sabay ngiti, "Thank you!" Sabi niya at nag-side hug sakin.

I made a painting of her, ginaya ko yung itsura niya sa kanyang shoot for this coming UAAP Season 74 Volleyball Season. She was standing straight with her right hand on her waist then yung bola ay hawak niya sa kanyang left, wearing her complete jersey.