Photograph

Kiefer Ravena & Mika Reyes

Photograph

Mika has been busy surfing through her photo album, remembering and reminiscing those times where she was with the guy who taught her almost everything. The guy whom she loved to death that she would kill just to work things out. That one man who knew a lot about her... likes, dislikes, secrets. Her inspiration and best companion.

Her expression slowly changed from happy to sad, and shed a tear upon reaching the last page of the album. Their last picture, looking at it almost cuts her into half and even felt sinking now that her eyes are staring at it. The memory seems so fresh like it just happened yesterday and the reason was too shallow. But yeah, some people leave. Mika mentally facepalmed herself 'cause she shouldn't be crying. For how many times has she been telling to herself that she'll move on soon? No one knows. And going back to these photos brings flashback memories that will hinder her from moving on.

"Mika, don't cry." She mumbled to herself and wiped away her tears. She closed the photo album and hid it beneath her clothes, Tama na ang drama, kaya ka hindi maka-move on. Hindi na babalik 'yun. She held on to her chest after remembering that she will see her old UAAP mates at an event and just yesterday, she found out the Kiefer is going to join them that made her cringe. Mika calmed herself down then closed her eyes. You have to act normal in front of him. She reminds herself before taking out the dress from her cabinet. "Game on, Miks."

She's now all prepared and ready to go. After several minutes of driving from her house, she finally set foot on the venue where everyone is waiting outside. Mika first saw her Bestfriends Ara and Kim then next are the Lady Spikers also most of the Lady Eagles. As they went inside, mas marami pa silang natatagpuan Mika is yet to see one guy... him.

"Makikita mo pala ulit si--"

"Kiefer." Patuloy ni Alyssa at natahimik silang pito. Binasag muli ni Aly ang awkward silence, "You shouldn't act awkward, mahalataan ka nun." Paalala niya kay Mika, ngumiti naman ito pabalik sa kanya.

"Babe!" Tawag mula sa unahan, si Jeb Belo... ang boyfriend-soon-to-be-fiance-then-husband ni Alyssa Valdez. He walked near to Alyssa and the two french kissed, "Hi!" He greeted the six girls in front of them.

"Jeb, kung hahalikan mo 'yang si Ly. Get a room! Grabe 'yung kiss niyo, ha! French kiss? Eww!" Biglang sabi ni Mika tas gumawa pa ng sign of the cross. Natawa silang lahat sa ginawa niya, "Anong tinatawa niyo dyan?" Mataray nitong tanong.

"Bitter!" Asar ni Aby.

"Girl, may Ampalaya ako dito." Kutya ni Ara.

"Quiet nga kayo, hindi ko bitter 'no." Nai-inggit lang, sweet. Sabi ni Mika tapos umiling, babanatan sana ni Cienne nang masilayan niya ang isang pamilyar na lalake na papasok. Kinalabit niya si Mika at tumingin sa may entrance ang lahat. As if the whole scenario froze when she saw Kiefer Ravena walking in wearing his favorite suit, that was given by Mika on his birthday three years ago.

"Carried away."

"Ba't niya suot 'yun?" Biglang tanong ni Mika at nagtinginan ang pito, "Nevermind."

Kiefer turned his back and saw Mika standing next to Alyssa and Jeb. He thought twice before approaching her. It's been three years since they last talk. The two broke their entire communication after breaking up and never heard a word again eversince. But now, seeing her made him guilty... for leaving her. Mika planted out a nice smile yet he feels that she's hurting deeply inside.

"Hey... good evening. Long time no see..." He said and they all smiled. Tumingin siya kay Mika at nagsimula siyang kabahan, "Hello." He greeted and smiled. Kiefer had no intentions of just greeting her... he wanted to hug and kiss her but he can't.

"Ay, doon muna kami. Kayo na muna mag-usap." Sabi nila Aby at naiwan si Mika at Kiefer sa tabi.

There was a moment of silence, both were waiting who will speak up first.

"Mika."

"Kiefer."

They both laughed after, Kiefer gave her the chance to speak, "Anong balita sa'yo? Suprised that I'll be seeing you tonight." She said in a calm manner. Witnessing the way he smiles suddenly destroys her emotionally. Seeing how happy he is and definitely not because of her. How she wished he was happy seeing her again.

"Seems like we're in the same boat. Ito, single." Kiefer said and Mika couldn't speak further, hindi niya mapaniwalaan ang sinabi ni Kiefer na single parin siya. That was tad impossible to believe knowing him, anytime pwede magkaroon ng bago, "You?" He secretly wished that she was too, pero naintindihan niyang imposible.

"Still the same Mika. Haha!"

"I see. You have a Boyfriend?" He nervously asked and silence overcame them. But he turned happy when she answered the question.

"I don't have... busy." She said and smiled, "Wala ka talagang Girlfriend?" Tanong niya sa kanya and he nodded, "Bakit?"

Kiefer took a deep breath and looked at her eyes, "I'm still regretting what I did before. Yes, I am still in love with you and I made a mistake of leaving you for a shallow reason." Mika felt her heart pump on his words but she remained cool, "I always take some time viewing our old photos and I discovered what I lost was a Gold." He was almost sobbing but he avoided breaking down in front of her.

"I do the same thing..." Mika admitted, "Looking at our past through pictures and end up crying upon turning to the last page." She felt a thorn in her heart but she still smiled at him, "For three years..."

"I was such a jerk that time, but if you'll give me a chance... I swear, it won't happen again." He said, "Pero kung ayaw mo, okay lang sa akin."

Her love for him was clear, and she too wants to give it another try. Three years is enough to see how they grew as adults, more mature and careful of their decisions. But she would prefer for him to wait for a while before going at it again, "Makakapaghintay ka ba?" She asked.

Kiefer held her hand, "Oo, kung 'yan ang gusto mo." They both smiled after and Kiefer hugged her tight, "So, pwede akong manligaw?"

"Ligaw agad? Di ba pwedeng, magkakilanlan muna tayo ulit?" Natatawang tanong ni Mika, "Ayusin mo!" Sagot niya bilang pagpayag at parehong lumapad ang ngiti nila.