highlighted in yellow

hello everyone, since this book is getting way dramatic and everything i'd like to twist the events in it. the following chapters will be a short course in living wisely and doing well inspired by H. Jackson Brown, Jr., the author of Life's Little Instruction Book and Rochelle Pennington. i didn't publish a new book for this since it's only a couple of chapters on mind & it's about life so it should be here. here goes nothing.

I N T R O D U C T I O N

An eight-year-old was asked about his study habits. "Well," he said, "there's stuff and there's important stuff. I try to remember just the important stuff." That worked well for him, and, you know what? It will work for us too.

Whether you're in high school or college, or a student life itself, the textbooks are thick and the reading list is long. So many words, so little time; what's a person to do?

Get a yellow highlighter.

You can't learn it all; no one can. But you can get a pretty good feel for any material just by highlighting the main thoughts. What is it you want to remember? What do you think will be on the test? Highlight is now for easy review later.

Highlighted in Yellow is a collection of stories on some life's dearest subjects: the importance of acting with kindness and generosity towards others, securing meaningful relationships with those we love, choosing attitudes to carry us through the common hours of everyday life, and discovering the satisfaction that comes from the appreciation and enjoyment of simple pleasures.

These are calming words, healing words, encouraging words that inspire change and reward effort. I hope they will help you live wisely and choose well.

So do the required reading. Finish your homework. Class is always in session and we're tested everyday.