Chapter 2

**Jungkook's POV**

I stayed at the back of the RV with Taehyung, sitting on the side of the bed. Yoongi decided that he would drive. This whole mess happened seven days ago. I was in the RV alone because everyone had left to go hunting. I decided to stay because I didn't want to leave Taehyung in case he woke up. Our RV sat in the middle of the forest, surrounded by pine trees. We covered all the windows to prevent sunlight from getting inside. I spun my head around when I felt a tap on my shoulder, only to see that it was Jin. I'm still slightly mad at him. 

" What do you want? " I asked, returning my gaze to Taehyung's unconscious face. 

" You know, it's been seven days. " Jin said, sitting on the bed beside me. 

" He's not dead. " I stated. Inside, I knew that I was starting to panic as well. His wounds are showing no signs of healing. The transformation usually takes three to seven days. 

" I didn't say he was. " Jin said. 

" Is there anything that could cause him to take longer? " I asked. Jin paused to think for a moment. 

" His body wasn't in the ideal condition to take on the change. " Jin stated. 

" Neither was mine. " I responded.

" Do you know how long you were unconscious for? " Jin asked, causing me to pause. I looked away from him, sighing loudly. 

" No... " I mumbled. 

" Well, there you go. " He said. 

" What's the chance that he will wake up human? " I asked. Jin's face looked as if I asked a stupid question. 

" Zero? You turned him. If he wakes up at all he's going to be a vampire. " He stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

" I only asked because I still smell him so strongly. " I stated, pushing Taehyung's bangs out of his face. Jin didn't respond, so I turned to face him. He had an unreadable expression on his face. 

" Well, that's a good sign he's not fully dead. " Jin said, placing his hand on my shoulder. I allowed him, not being as mad as I was before. He seems to have hope now that my baby is going to wake up. 

" What do you mean? " I asked. Isn't it a bad thing when he still smells the same as he did when he was human? 

" His scent changed to me, but it won't for you unless he dies. " He explained. It really didn't help much because I'm still confused. 

" Huh? " I voiced my confusion. 

" Oh my god. You're are so dense. " Jin said, placing his head in his hands. 

" Just tell me. " I said, getting slightly annoyed again. I want him to explain before everyone else comes back. 

" You have to be joking. Did you seriously not realize that he's your mate? " Jin said. I didn't even know vampires had mates. I thought that was a werewolf thing. 

" I'm confused. " I stated. 

" You and Jimin are so lucky. Ninty percent of vampires don't end up finding theirs. Most people associate mates with werewolves, but vampires have them too. It's just very different. " He said. I'm curious now. 

" How so? " I asked. 

" Werewolves have this whole mate bond thing where it physically pains them to be without them. For us, it's more of an alluring scent and attraction. I guess that's why you could miss it. " He explained as I nodded along.