Chapter 5

**RECAP**

" I'm going to go check on Taehyung. " I said, standing up even though I was still in pain. Most of the scratches had already healed. It was just my broken shoulder.

" I'll be out here. " Yoongi stated. I nodded, wincing as I opened the door. I let it shut behind me, walking over to the bed. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped at the sight.

" YOONGI! " I screamed, falling to my knees from intense emotion. 

**Jungkook's POV**

I don't know why, but I started bawling my eyes out as Yoongi rushed inside the RV. He immediately crouched beside me.

" What's wrong? " He asked. He isn't the best at comforting people and he knows it. 

" N-nothing. " I mumbled, wiping the tears out of my eyes. 

" Clearly something is wrong. You screamed and started crying. " He said. Has he not looked at Taehyung yet? 

" I just freaked out from happiness. Look. " I said, pointing to the bed. He stood up, his eyes showing understanding after one glance. 

" This is a step in the right direction. " He said, lazily smiling at me. 

" He's accepting the change, Yoongi. His wounds healed while we were gone. " I said, standing up as well. Our clothes were practically shredded, but I didn't care at this moment. The only thing I cared about was that Taehyung is finally showing signs of turning. I heard loud laughter from outside, immediately rushing outside. 

" GUYS! " I screamed as they all stopped and stared. I let a huge grin take over my face. I was practically bouncing all over the place. 

" Taehyung's wounds healed while we were gone. " I said, watching a grin that matched mine appear on Jimin's face. He ran over and hugged me before disappearing inside the RV. 

" This means he has accepted the change. This is good news. Next, we just need to wait for it to finish and he'll wake up. However, it's almost morning. We still need to leave tonight. " Jin said as Hoseok went inside as well. 

" I'll just carry him and say he's sleeping. If anyone wants to question me, I can just glare at them and they will leave. " I said as Jin laughed at my statement. 

" Don't you think it will scare Taehyung to wake up in a different country? " Jin asked. I let a frown form on my face. 

" Probably, but our options are limited. We either stay here and get massacred by Malign or leave and let him wake up in an unfamiliar place. Leaving him here isn't an option and I can't stay. " I explained. Jin sighed, knowing that I was right. We both entered the RV to see everyone crowded around Taehyung. 

" His complexion has also got better. Still pale and it's gonna be, but evener. " Jin said, joining everyone around the bed. I shoved my way through the group, letting myself be the closest to him. 

" I'm just thanking the universe that he isn't going to die. " I said, smiling at his smooth, non-injured skin. 

" How are we preparing to leave? " Jimin asked, directing his gaze at Yoongi. 

" The flight is at ten in the evening. We need to be at the airport by nine, so I plan to leave at eight thirty. There shouldn't be sun out at that time. " Yoongi explained.

" Don't bother packing. We as a group have enough money to buy brand new stuff once we're there. I want to travel as light as possible so Malign has lesser means of tracking us. " Jin said, as we all nodded along.

" We're leaving everything here? " I asked. 

" Yes. I know you all hate cologne because we all have strong noses, but we can use that to our advantage. If we wear a strong one, they won't be able to pick up on our scent or confirm the cologne belongs to us. There are lots of people who wear the same one. " He explained. Yoongi rolled his eyes, already muttering curses. 

" Yoongi and Jungkook should probably change. Their clothes are barely functioning as clothes. " Jimin said. I looked down, realizing I was still in the clothing that got torn up by the leopard. I also realized that my shoulder had healed. I don't know exactly when, but it healed. I grabbed some random clothes from my suitcase, changing quickly while no one was looking. I turned around and Yoongi had new clothes on as well. 

We all spent the rest of the day relaxing and preparing ourselves to leave. I spent most of the day beside Taehyung, absolutely ecstatic that something has finally happened. His mouth still lacks fangs, but that's okay. At least the process has started. I wasn't so scared of hurting him when I hugged him anymore. Just because he's unconscious, doesn't mean he won't feel pain. I spend my time imagining the day he wakes up.

 I imagine the different possibilities for his eyes. Will they be black like Yoongi's? Or will they be red or orange? Maybe they will be a mix of both like Jimin's. Whatever color they end up, I want to see them glistening beautifully while holding deep emotion behind them. That's something I've always loved about his eyes. Even when he's trying to hide his feelings, his eyes betray him.  

My mind trailed off on all the memories I made with him before this whirlwind blew through our lives. I remembered the way he would cutely look down and play with his fingers when he was shy. The way he could smile brightly over the littlest of things. I couldn't help but smile along with him. It was very contagious. If I knew what would happen, I would have never left him alone upstairs that day. I should have stayed with him and helped him. I stared at his face, taking in every single detail. What I want more than anything, is for him to open his eyes and return back to the adorable and incredibly loving person that I let myself fall for. 

I didn't realize that I had started crying silently until one of my teardrops landed on his porcelain skin. If he was awake right now, he would engulf me in a gentle and soothing hug while urging me not to cry. He'd somehow know the exact way to make me calm down and feel better. I'd let his warm and soothing presence invade me, filling me with happiness even in my darkest times. 

Truthfully, he is my happiness. Through all those years where Jin, Jimin, and, more recently, Yoongi supported me, I've never felt as happy and alive as I did with Taehyung. I'm truly grateful for the things Jimin and Jin have done for me, but it's as if Taehyung is my other half. He brought back my ability to love my life even though it isn't what I wanted. If you were to ask me one simple question before he came into my life, the answer would change. If I had the ability to die instead of change and live on, would I? I would have said yes without a second thought. Now, the answer would be no. He's given me something to live for. He's given me the motivation to enjoy my life instead of waiting for the time where it would end. 

He probably doesn't think he's done anything for me, but he really has. In return for that, I wanted to protect him and give him the happiness that he missed out on due to his upbringing. I wonder if I actually succeeded in making him happy because I completely failed at protecting him. I tried so hard, but look where we are. I'd like to think that all the smiles that I loved so much were caused by me.

 That time my hand slipped and I dropped the cookie dough all over the floor. I won't be able to forget that because it was the first time I'd seen him smile. That moment seemed like it broke the ice. After that, he smiled so much more often than he did before. The smile with the ability to make me melt in a matter of one second. I quickly wiped my tears and composed myself. I shouldn't be crying. These are happy memories and I'm sure we will be able to make more of them. Taehyung just needs to fully turn and wake up.