Chapter 24

** Jungkook's POV**

The day had come where I scheduled to meet up with my old friend. I quite honestly had no clue how this was going to go, but I hoped for something good to come out of it. He flew all the way here to come see me, even though Malign would of been totally against it. I'm guessing he didn't tell them, unless he's planning to sneak attack me. Knowing him, I highly doubt it. I walked down the stairs as Jimin and Taehyung talked on the couch with a bored Yoongi watching them. At least he'll be safe here with them. Taehyung spotted me, immediately running over to give me a bone crushing hug.

" Are you sure I can't come? " He asked, even though I had answered this question the many times he'd asked before.

" I'm sure, Baby. I'll be back safe and sound, I promise. " I said, deeply inhaling his sweet scent before I left. He joined Jimin back on the couch as I headed for the door, slightly nervous myself. I haven't associated with anyone in the cult since I left. Taehyung gave an adorable wave, causing a smile to appear on my face as I walked out the front door.

The coolness of the night welcomed me as I began to head off towards the designated meeting place. I chose a pretty secluded section of town, wanting to talk alone. Namjoon exempt me from the rule of having guards with for this meeting. Let's hope that it was a good idea. I made my way through town, a car passing by every now and then.

I grew closer to the meeting place, which was an abandoned night club. The building was covered in graffiti and looked like it hadn't been entered in years. I was going to sneak in through a window that faced the opposite direction of the street, not that anyone was driving on it at the moment. I still don't want to take any chances. I found a window, thankful it was already broken. Some gang did that job for me most likely. I climbed in, greeted by the strong stench of mold and aged wood.

I glanced around the area, nobody in sight. Just an old bar, with liquor that's been there for who knows how long, and a stage with stripper poles that would probably collapse the moment you touched them. It makes me wonder how long this place has been sitting here. Truthfully, this place was eerie enough to make me slightly scared. Just slightly.

" Hello? " I heard a familiar voice call, jumping slightly at the sudden noise.

" Hello. " I called back, silently praying I wasn't about to be ambushed. A figure appeared from the other side of the abandoned club, noticing me immediately.

" Jungkook. " He said, finding his way in front of me. I stood still in my place, glancing around to make sure no one else was here. I felt a wave of relief wash over me when he was alone. For most of the time I've been around, I couldn't care if I died. Now, there's a certain person that makes me want to live. Someone I'm afraid to leave because I don't want to cause him pain.

" Hello, Jackson. " I stated as he pulled his hood down so I could see him clearly. He's exactly how I remembered him.

" How have you been? " He asked trying to break the tense atmosphere.

" Good. Would be better if a certain group of people would stop chasing me and hurting people I care about. You? " I stated. He ignored my not-so-subtle remark at the cult and spoke.

" Okay. I've been being trained to become the next co-leader. " He said as I nodded along.

" Mhm. How's that working out for you. " I asked, only half caring.

" It's going okay. He trusts me most out of anyone else. " He said. That's because you follow his every order like a dog. The eerie building fell into silence, neither of us knowing what to say.
" Want to go to an actual club and meet some hook-ups like we used to? " He suddenly suggested.