Bad News - Chap. 15

Chapter 15

Lauren tries her hardest to focus on what her teacher is telling them, but her mind keeps slipping back to Camila. She looks over to her every once in a while, and every time, Camila is looking back at her.

Lauren can't help the butterflies she feels when their eyes lock, and her cheeks burn almost the whole class because of Camila's eyes burning in the side of her head. Camila didn't seem to have the strength to look away from her, and she keeps asking herself why the whole time.

There were several students in the classroom who noticed the tension between the two girls. It was the first time that they saw Camila interacting with anyone, so it was very weird for them to see Lauren and Camila entering the classroom together. Now that might just have been a coincidence, but Camila touched Lauren's back, and now they're constantly staring at each other. It didn't take a genius to figure out that something was going on between the two of them.

The bell rings, signaling the end of the class, and Lauren stands up. She won't be sharing her next classes with Camila until lunchtime. Camila slowly stands up too and puts her books in her bag. She turns to walk after Lauren, who almost reaches the door of the classroom.

Just outside the room, Camila softly grabs Lauren's arm. She turns her around to face her, as Lauren looks at her questioningly. She was surprised by the gentle tug on her arm, considering how strong Camila really is.

''See you at lunch?'' Camila speaks quietly. Lauren can't suppres a smile and nods her head happily. Camila couldn't stop the small smile on her lips at Lauren's eagerness. She lets go of Lauren's arm and turns around to walk to her next class without another word.

Lauren turns back around with a smile on her face. Everybody in the hallway is either looking at her or at Camila who was walking the other way. They are clearly whispering to each other and pointing at Lauren. She tries her best to ignore them and just continue her journey to her next class.

After another very boring, very long and very uninteresting hour, it is finally lunchtime. Lauren makes her way out of the classroom as fast as possible and goes straight to her locker. She quickly throws some books in her bag and starts walking towards the cafeteria, hoping to see Camila again.

When she opens the door, she is shocked by the silence. Normally, you would almost have to scream to understand each other during lunch time, but everybody is just whispering now. Lauren follows the gaze and pointing fingers of some students, and finally understands what they are shocked about.

Lauren hadn't even thought about that. Camila had never been in the cafeteria before; she had always eaten somewhere else, alone. When she asked Lauren to meet up at lunch, she hadn't thought about that for a second. Now there was another problem too.

Not only are the students watching Camila and talking about her because she was there for the first time, but she is also sitting at the cheerleader's table. Lauren doesn't really know what to do. She had agreed with Camila to meet up, but it scares her to just walk up to her and have everybody staring at her.

''What the hell is she doing here?'' she hears a voice say behind her. She turns around to find Normani and Dinah as they are looking at Camila, surprise written on their foreheads. 

''Just having lunch?'' Lauren tries to answer casually, hoping that her friends won't make a big deal out of this.

Normani looks at her questioningly. She is about to open her mouth to say something when Dinah interrupts by pointing towards where Camila is sitting. A few cheerleaders, AKA head bitches of the school, are walking towards her.