Bad News - Chap. 42

Chapter 42

‘’Camila!’’ Dinah yelled from the other side of the hallway. Camila looked up from her locker, alarmed at the panicked voice calling her name. Dinah reached her and bend over, her hands on her knees, panting heavily.

‘’Dinah, what’s wrong?’’ Camila asked calmly. ‘’Mila.. it’s.. it’s Lauren.’’ Dinah breathed out, fighting to get some air into her lungs. Camila’s eyes widened. ‘’What’s wrong with Lauren?’’ she asked, trying to keep calm.

‘’We were at gymnastics, playing volleyball. Then Jason.. he smashed the ball over the net, but it landed right in her face. Her nose’s bleeding now, and when I came to get you, Jason said to tell you to meet him after school. He said he wanted revenge for when you broke his nose.’’ Dinah said, but Camila hadn’t heard the last part, as she was already making her way to the nurse’s office.

‘’Mila, wait.’’ Dinah said, running after her and pulling at Camila’s arm. Camila just raised her eyebrow at her. ‘’Jason is still there too. I think he’s waiting for you.’’ Dinah said and Camila just looked at her.

‘’I don’t care Dinah. All I care about is Lauren.’’ She said, and continued marching towards the school nurse. Dinah nodded and followed her silently. When Camila turned the last corner, she could see Jason standing there. He was leaning against the wall next to the nurse’s office, smirking at Camila.

Camila took a deep breath and tried to relax her muscles. She needed to focus on Lauren right now, and not on the person who had hurt her. So she continued her walk, ignoring Jason completely and walked up to the door.

‘’Ahw, look at that, Lauren’s protector is here.’’ Jason said with a smile on his face. Camila turned her head slightly and looked at him from under her hood. She sent him a death glare, and Jason’s eyes widened a little bit, but his smile was quickly back on his face. Camila swallowed and pushed the door open, Dinah still following her.

‘’Ah, miss Cabello.’’ She heard, and looked up. The nurse was smiling at her. ‘’Lauren is in there, you can see her if you want to.’’ She said. Camila nodded and walked through the second door that lead to a small room with a bed and a few chairs.

Lauren was sitting on the bed, holding an ice pack against her nose. She looked up at the sound, and smiled when she saw Camila. ‘’Babe, are you okay?’’ she asked, and Lauren nodded. Camila sat down next to her and gently put her hands on both sides of Lauren’s face.

She took a hold of Lauren’s hand that was holding the ice pack, and pulled it away from Lauren’s face to be able to look at her nose. It didn’t bleed anymore, it was just bruising a little bit. Camila sighed and kissed Lauren’s forehead.

‘’Did Jason do this on purpose?’’ She asked her. Lauren swallowed and shook her head. ‘’Lauren, tell me the truth.’’ Camila stated simply. Lauren sighed. ‘’I think he aimed at me, but I’m not sure. Please just, leave him alone?’’ she asked Camila in return.

Camila bit her lip. ‘’Please? I just don’t want any trouble.’’ Lauren added. Camila huffed. ‘’He’s the one who is in trouble.’’ She replied. Lauren looked down. Camila narrowed her eyes at her. ‘’Lauren, is there something going on?’’ she asked.