Bad News - Chap. 27

Chapter 27

‘’Girl, you look way to happy for a Wednesday morning. Spill it.’’ Dinah said to Lauren while she got into her car. Lauren giggled and pulled out of Dinah’s driveway and started driving to school. ‘’I’m just happy.’’ Lauren answered simply.

Dinah looked at her with a raised eyebrow. ‘’Is this about what I think it is about?’’ she asked her, narrowing her eyes at her friend. ‘’Depends on what you think it is about.’’ Lauren answered playfully.

‘’Okay. So yesterday you were with Camila, and now you’re al happy and giggling, so I’m assuming things went pretty well yesterday?’’ She asked. Lauren nodded her head, keeping her eyes fixed on the road.  ‘’Are you two…?’’ Dinah trailed of.

Lauren quickly glanced at her friend and nodded happily. ‘’NO WAY!’’ Dinah yelled, clapping her hands excitedly. ‘’Are you two official now?’’ she asked Lauren loudly. Lauren laughed. ‘’Yeah Dinah, we are.’’

‘’OH MY GOD! LO THAT’S YOUR FIRST GIRLFRIEND!!’’ Dinah yelled, lightly slapping Lauren on the shoulder. ‘’Jeez Dinah, watch it I’m driving. And thanks for letting me know, I forgot about that.’’ Lauren replied calmly.

‘’Don’t go all sassy on me now Jauregui, I’m just really excited for you.’’ Dinah said. Lauren nodded and looked at Dinah gratefully. ‘’Thanks.’’ She simply said, but Dinah knew what she meant. ‘’No problem girl!’’ she replied.

‘’So, can I have the honor to yell and tell?’’ Dinah asked, clapping her hands excitedly and bouncing up and down in her seat. Lauren laughed at her. She had never seen her friend this excited about something, except for a new Beyoncé album.

‘’I don’t know Dinah.’’ Lauren said, calming herself down. ‘’We haven’t really talked about letting people know.’’ Dinah frowned. ‘’Why not? Don’t you want people to find out?’’ she asked her. Lauren shrugged. ‘’I don’t know.’’ She answered.

‘’I guess I’m just a bit scared how people are going to react. I mean, most of them don’t even know who I am, but everybody knows Camila. People are going to look at us, and you know how much I hate it when people are staring at me.’’ Lauren continued.

Dinah nodded. She knew how self-conscious Lauren got when people even remotely looked at her. ‘’Yeah, but now you have Camila with you. I’m sure she’ll beat anyone’s ass if they try to hurt you.’’ Dinah said smiling.

Lauren chuckled. ‘’Yeah, I don’t know. I’ll just wait until she comes back to school, and we’ll talk about it then.’’ She replied. Dinah nodded. ‘’When is she coming back? And how is she by the way?’’ she asked her friend.

‘’She’s doing okay. The bruises are already starting to fade away, and her ribs didn’t hurt her as much as two days ago. I don’t know what Tyler uses for her bruises, but it sure works.’’ Dinah smiled. ‘’But I don’t know when she’ll be coming back. If she feels good enough to walk, then maybe she’ll come back. Or maybe she’ll wait until she’s fully healed, so she can defend herself properly if Tom and Mike, or Jason, decide to take revenge on her.’’