Bad News - Chap. 39

Chapter 39

Camila wrapped her arm around Lauren’s shoulder and kissed the side of her head lovingly. They were walking back to Camila’s car after their talk with Ally. ‘’Can you come over? And maybe, stay? Tonight?’’ Lauren asked her shyly.

Camila grinned at her. ‘’Of course I can come over.’’ Lauren smiled. ‘’I just don’t know if I can stay tonight..’’ she added with a frown. Lauren looked at her with a pout. ‘’Why not?’’ she asked, looking at her girlfriend with big puppy eyes. Camila just laughed and kissed her pout away.

‘’Because I have to work tomorrow, so I have to get up early. I don’t want to wake you up early on a Saturday. Plus, I promised Tyler to help him prepare for his date with Normani tonight.’’ Camila answered. Lauren shrugged.

‘’I don’t care if you wake me up early. Maybe I can come to work with you and help you out?’’ Lauren suggested. Camila smiled. ‘’That would be amazing babe, but how much do you know about engines and golf carts that aren’t working?’’ she asked Lauren in return.

Lauren frowned for a moment before answering with a simple ‘’Nothing.’’ Camila kissed her cheek as they kept walking. ‘’But I can look at you while you’re working. That’s good enough or me.’’ Lauren tried and it made Camila laugh again.

‘’If you really want to come with me tomorrow, than you can. Maybe you can help me water the golf courts or something. But only if you really want to Laur, I don’t want you to do that for me or something.’’ The brown-eyed girl answered.

‘’No problem Camz. And don’t worry about that, I am doing this for both of us. I get to watch you work all day and maybe I can make your working day less boring. It’s a win-win situation.’’ Lauren said happily.

Camila chuckled and pecked Lauren’s lips. ‘’Okay, whatever you say babe. But what about Tyler? I could tell he was already nervous this morning, so I think he kind of needs me right now.’’ She answered, thinking about her best friend pacing around the room wondering what to wear and where to go for his date.

Lauren smiled. ‘’He’s really that nervous?’’ Camila nodded. ‘’You don’t even wanna know.’’ She answered. ‘’That’s cute.’’ Lauren said. ‘’How about we go over to your house first, help Tyler calm down, grab your work-clothes for tomorrow and then go over to my house?’’ Lauren suggested.

Camila thought about it for a moment and then smiled down at her girlfriend. ‘’Good idea.’’ She said, giving Lauren a wink. Lauren smiled and walked over to the passenger’s seat of Camila’s car when they walked up to it.

‘’I have to prepare you though, Tyler really is going crazy.’’ Camila warned Lauren when she drove out of the parking lot. Lauren smiled, imagining Tyler as a nervous wreck. ‘’Probably nothing I can’t handle.’’ She answered confidently.

Camila chuckled. ‘’We’ll see about that babe. We’ll see about that.’’

After about ten minutes, Camila pulled up in front of her garage and got out. She quickly walked over to Lauren’s door and opened it for her. She held her hand out for her girlfriend to take and helped her out of the car.