Bad News - Chap. 24

Chapter 24

So, are you ready to do this? X

No, but it has to happen, she’s got to know what’s going on. X

True. Wish I could be there for you. X

Me too, but I’ll call you when I get back okay? X

No problem, good luck! X

Lauren smiled down at her phone. She quickly typed a ‘thank you’ back and put it away. She looked up at Dinah from her bed, who was standing at the doorway. ‘’You ready Lo?’’ she asked her friend. Lauren took a deep breath and nodded. She stood up and followed Dinah downstairs and out of the door to her car.

‘’Was it Camila you were texting earlier?’’ Dinah asked once Lauren drove away from her house. Lauren nodded. ‘’What did she say?’’ Dinah asked again. Lauren looked at her quickly, before turning her attention back to the road.

It was still strange for her to be able to talk about Camila to Dinah. She was used to hiding things about her, and now she could actually have a conversation about her without Dinah telling her to stay away from the girl.

‘’Well, she said that she wished she could be there and wished me good luck.’’ She answered. Dinah nodded. ‘’Well you’re going to need that good luck girl. From what she said on the phone, Normani is pretty pissed..’’ Dinah said.

‘’Yeah, I know. I just hope that she will understand it all and accept it, just like you did.’’ Lauren replied. ‘’Yes but it was different for me.. I mean, I saw Camila getting hurt and I knew it was because of me. Mani didn’t see that, so it might be a lot harder to convince her about Camila than it was with me.’’ Dinah countered.

‘’True. We’ll just have to wait and see I guess. But I have to be honest, I’m really scared right now.’’ Lauren said, still keeping her eyes on the road. Dinah hummed, letting Lauren know she understood what she was saying.

‘’I get it, but you know you’ve got me right? I know everything now too, and I’ll support you. Plus, you’ve got Camila. I mean, not right now, but like, after the whole conversation thing, you know?’’ Dinah said, trying to calm her friend down a bit.

Lauren chuckled. ‘’Yeah I know. Thanks Dinah, it really means a lot to me that you want to come with me and try to help me talk to Mani.’’ She said, casting a quick glance at Dinah, who nodded in response.

Lauren pulled up into Normani’s driveway and turned the car off. She pulled the keys out of the ignition and sighed heavily. She looked over to her right to see Dinah smiling at her encouragingly. Lauren nodded to herself, and opened the door to get out. Dinah followed her lead. They walked to the front door of Normani’s huge house, and knocked.

The two were standing in silence, waiting for Normani to appear. After a few minutes, the door swung open, revealing Normani with an unreadable expression on her face. Lauren gulped. She didn’t know what to do, and neither did Dinah, so they just stood there in a very awkward silence.