Bad News - Chap. 41

Chapter 41

The doorbell rings. Camila gets up to open the door, revealing Lauren. ‘’Hey.’’ She says happily. ‘’Hey babe, come in.’’ Camila answers, moving aside to let Lauren walk in, giving her a quick kiss in the progress.

Camila walks back to the living room and sits down again on the couch. Lauren sits down next to her. ‘’So, how’d it go?’’ Camila nodded. ‘’Really good. She’s really trying.’’ She answered.

After last week’s unexpected phone call from Ally, Camila had met up with her a few times. After work, she dropped Lauren off at her house, and went to have dinner with Ally. Ally offered to pay, so that’s why Camila decided to go.

They’d talked all night, catching up on both their lives. Camila found out that Ally had found a job and had her own place now. It felt good to know that the girl didn’t depend on anybody anymore and was able to look after herself.

Ally was very interested in Camila’s life too. She wanted to know where she lived, how she was able to afford her own dinner and how she was doing. Camila told her about Tyler, and how he had helped her right after she was taken away from Ally.

Ally was glad to hear that Camila had found somebody she could depend on, somebody that would help her and take care of her. Even though Camila would be the last person to ever need help from somebody else. It surprised Ally how mature and independent Camila had become. Then again, she didn’t have any other choice.

Finally, they talked about Lauren. Ally wanted to know how they met and how they were doing now. She told Camila that she could see the love between the two in the short moments she had seen them together.

They talked about almost everything, except for Bobby. It didn’t matter how awkward their conversation would be, or how painfully long the silences could be, Bobby was the one subject that would not be brought up. At any costs.

Camila had too much anger towards him, to be able to talk about him to somebody who loved and cared for him deeply. She didn’t want to hurt Ally’s feelings by saying more negative things about him. Ally understood the grudge Camila had against him, and didn’t want to make the girl feel any kind of stress or awkwardness.

After their dinner, they both went home with the promise to talk again soon. Ally told Camila that she would love to be involved in Camila’s life again. This time, in a positive way. Camila was still a bit hesitant with letting Ally back in, but she could see the change and how hard Ally tried.

So the following week, they went out to a bar on Friday night together. They both had some drinks and Camila found out that it didn’t take a lot for Ally to get drunk. Camila couldn’t deny that they did have a really good time. They talked some more and laughed a lot.

Around 1 am, Camila brought Ally home and then drove to her own house to get some hours of sleep before she would have to go to work. After 7 hours of hard work with a slight hangover, Camila came back home and plopped down on the couch.

About an hour later, the doorbell rang, signaling that her girlfriend was here. Camila was tired, and just wanted to sleep. But Lauren’s presence gave her energy again.