Bad News - Chap. 33

Chapter 33

Lauren was in her bedroom, looking out of the window. It’s been a little over three weeks since Camila had brought her home on her motorcycle. It’s been almost four weeks since Camila asked her to make things official between the two of them. It’s been four of the most amazing weeks Lauren had ever experienced.

She had spent a lot of time with her girlfriend, and she loved every second of it. Normani and Dinah had gotten to know her better, and they were really starting to become friends. Tyler had asked Normani out on a date a few days ago, and Normani was over the moon when she told Lauren and Camila about it.

Today, Camila would finally meet her parents. She was coming over for dinner tonight, and Lauren couldn’t be more nervous. Her mother was stressing out about the food, and if Camila would like it, while her dad was obviously preparing his interrogation.

Lauren was afraid that her parents would scare Camila away, although the girl had assured her not to go anywhere no matter how horrible her parents might be to her. It had calmed Lauren down initially, but now that the moment was almost there, she got nervous again.

She kept looking out of her window, waiting for a sign of her girlfriend’s arrival. After a few minutes, she heard a soft knock on her door. ‘’Yeah?’’ she asked, turning her attention to whoever was coming in. It was Taylor, her younger sister.

‘’You okay?’’ She asked her. Lauren nodded. ‘’Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?’’ Lauren asked. Taylor shrugged. ‘’Don’t know. You seem nervous.’’ She stated. Lauren sighed. ‘’I am.’’ She answered. Taylor looked at her and sat down on her bed, tugging her legs beneath her.

‘’Why?’’ she asked, observing her sister intently. ‘’Mom and dad.’’ Lauren answered. ‘’What if they are going to be horrible to her? What if she doesn’t like the food mom’s making? Or what if she gets scared of dad’s interrogation?’’ Lauren asked her.

Taylor shrugged. ‘’I don’t know. But I have heard your stories, about how she’s not afraid of anything?’’ she asked, looking at her sister for confirmation. Lauren nodded. ‘’Well, she’ll be okay. She’s a tough girl, so she’ll get through it.’’ Taylor told her.

Lauren sighed and nodded. Taylor stood up and gave her a quick hug before leaving the room. Lauren kept looking outside, waiting for Camila to arrive. Her thoughts drifted off to the last four weeks. She had gotten to know Camila so much better, and she knew that she was falling in love with her even more every day.

After Camila had opened up to her about her parents, she’s really been trying to help people. Mostly, she helps Tyler and Lauren though, but it’s a very good start. A couple of days ago, Camila decided to help Dinah. She had forgotten to buy something to drink at lunch, and Camila offered to go get it for her because everybody would move aside for her and Dinah would have her drink way faster that way.

Dinah didn’t argue with her and was almost as surprised as Lauren was when the girl offered her help. It was something small, Lauren realized that, but it was something. Lauren loved the little things Camila did for her. She wanted to carry Lauren’s bag, get her something to drink or eat, and she always wanted some form of physical contact between them.