Bad News - Chap. 32

Chapter 32

Lauren opened her eyes, only to see a single tear roll down Camila’s cheek. She reached her hand up and used her thumb to gently wipe it away. Camila opened her eyes and looked right into Lauren’s. They both felt themselves getting lost in each other, completely enchanted by each other’s presence.

‘’Thank you.’’ Camila breathed out softly. Lauren slightly nodded her head, knowing that the switch had been turned.

They stayed like that for over an hour. Lauren completely cuddled into her girlfriend, while Camila held her close to her tightly. They were both lost in their own thoughts. Lauren thought about how amazing Camila’s parents must have been, and how much she would love to meet them. Then she thought about what a shame it was that she would never have a chance to do that.

That’s when she thought about Camila. How hard it must have been for her to grow up without her parents, and practically know nothing about them. Camila was too young to get to know her parents properly, and Lauren felt incredibly sorry for her.

She thought about her own life as well. About how blessed she was with her family, and how thankful she should be that her parents were still around. This conversation with Camila made her realize that.

Camila was thinking about her own life. About how different it could have been if she wasn’t so scared of helping other people. If she learned to see the bright side of her parent’s story earlier, would her life have turned out differently? She thought about her parents. About the hero’s they actually were, and how many people they have saved.

It made Camila re-evaluate her own life. Maybe she should try to help people too. Maybe she could try to be more open to people. Maybe, just maybe, she could finally stop hiding and be brave enough to show herself and her story to the world.

They were thinking together, yet separately, still lying in each other’s arms. Camila would kiss Lauren’s head now and then in appreciation, and Lauren would kiss Camila’s shoulder in return. They lay like that for a long time, when they heard a bang coming from the garage door.

Camila shot up immediately, grabbing her shirt and Lauren’s hand in her own before running downstairs. She heard somebody cursing, and she was pretty sure it was Tyler. She slowly opened the door to the garage and peeked inside to see what was going on. She still held Lauren’s hand tightly in her own.

Then she sighed. She chuckled and turned to Lauren. ‘’Come on.’’ She said, smiling. They walked into the garage and saw Tyler standing there looking down at something. He had both of his hands in his hair and looked up at Camila fearfully.

It wasn’t until then that Lauren noticed that Camila’s motorcycle was on the ground on its side. ‘’Mila, I’m so sorry.’’ Tyler said quickly, holding his hand out in front of him as protection. ‘’I just wanted to take a look at the engine, and then lost my balance and fell against it. I’m so sorry, I’ll pay for the damage.’’ He rambled.

Camila chuckled and turned to Lauren to look at her. She had something in her eyes that Lauren couldn’t quite decipher. She hadn’t seen it before, and she wondered what Camila was going to do now.