Bad News - Chap. 20

Chapter 20

‘’We’re going to her house, I’ll tell you where to go.’’ Lauren said to Dinah while she got in the car. Dinah pulled her gaze away from Camila through the rearview mirror and looked at her. She started the car and pulled out of the school’s parking lot, following Lauren’s directions.

‘’Is there anybody that can help us?’’ she asked Lauren softly. Lauren nodded, trying to keep her vision clear, but the world was still spinning around her. ‘’Tyler.’’ She answered.

Dinah pulled up in front of Camila’s house, and Lauren got out. She ran up to the door and began knocking on it loudly, hoping that Tyler was there. Lauren was shaking, and her legs felt week. She had hit her head hard against the lockers, and the whole world was spinning around her. But she had to take care of Camila now. There was no time for her to be dizzy.

After a few minutes, Tyler opened the door. ‘’Lauren? What are you doing here?’’ he asked, a surprised look on his face. He then noticed Lauren’s shaking legs and caught her just in time when her knees gave in. ‘’Lauren, what happened?’’ he asked her, worry spreading through him.

‘’Camila.’’ She answered, pointing back at her car. ‘’She’s hurt.’’ she said weakly, feeling like she would pass out any second. Tyler looked over her shoulder to her car, and saw a girl get out of the driver’s seat. ‘’Shit.’’ He said.

He looked down at Lauren. ‘’You’ve got to lie down.’’ He said, before he started pulling her inside and to the couch. ‘’No, Camila.’’ Lauren said, feeling herself losing conscience. ‘’I’ll take care of her.’’ Tyler assured her while he lay Lauren down on the couch. He grabbed a pillow for her head, and put a blanket over her.

Lauren finally closed her eyes, knowing that Tyler would take care of Camila. She fell asleep almost immediately, feeling exhausted. Tyler took a deep breath and ran out of the house to the car. ‘’Who are you?’’ he asked Dinah, who was opening the door to the back seat of the car.

‘’Dinah, Lauren’s friend.’’ She answered. Tyler nodded before turning his attention to his best friend. ‘’Come on Mila’’ he said, pulling Camila out of the car. Camila was unconscious, her body feeling like death weight to Tyler. Dinah quickly closed the car door and helped Tyler keeping Camila up. Tyler had grabbed her shoulders, and Dinah her legs as they carried her inside the house.

They stopped in front of the stairs. ‘’I have to bring her upstairs. Lauren is on the couch, so I’ll bring Mila to her bed.’’ Tyler said to Dinah. She nodded. ‘’I can carry her upstairs, but you have to help me carry her to her room, once we’re up there.’’ He said. Dinah nodded again, ‘’Okay.’’

Tyler lifted Camila up in his arms bridal style and quickly walked up the stairs, Dinah following him closely. Once they got upstairs, Dinah grabbed Camila’s legs again and brought her to her room with Tyler. They put her down on her bed, and Dinah was finally able to take a good look at her.

Camila’s left eye was swollen and started to get a strange mixture of red and blue around it. There was blood around her eyebrow and her nose, and the girl was pale. ‘’Alright, what happened?’’ Tyler asked her as soon as he lay Camila down on her bed.