Bad News - Chap. 25

Chapter 25

The next day at school went by peacefully. Normani had talked to the principle with Lauren and made sure Camila wouldn’t get expelled. Jason was nowhere to be found because of his broken nose, and Mike and Tom left them alone.

Camila wasn’t at school today, her ribs and bruises hurt her too much. So Lauren was sitting with Dinah and Normani in the cafeteria at lunch. ‘’So, you’re going to Mila today?’’ Dinah asked Lauren with a smile on her face.

Lauren chuckled and nodded while taking a bite of her sandwich. ‘’Yeah, I am. I want to know how she’s doing.’’ She answered when she swallowed her sandwich. Then her eyebrows furrowed. ‘’Wait… Did you just call her Mila?’’ Lauren asked Dinah, a smile growing on her lips.

‘’Uh yeah.. when Tyler told me everything, he spoke of her as Mila instead of Camila, and I guess it just got stuck with me or something.’’ Dinah answered, shrugging. ‘’I kinda like Mila better than Camila though.’’ Dinah muttered to herself, but it was loud enough for Normani and Lauren to hear.

‘’Why?’’ Normani asked. ‘’I don’t know. It just sounds cuter that Camila, and I think it’s funny to have a cute name for somebody as strong and tough as her.’’ Dinah chuckled. Normani smiled. ‘’Yeah that’s actually pretty ironic.’’

Lauren just smiled at her friends. She couldn’t believe how everything had turned out. Here she was, having lunch with her friends, talking about Camila Cabello. In a positive way. She was incredibly happy to know that her friends supported her and finally accepted Camila for who she really is.

‘’So, how are things between you two now?’’ Normani asked, turning her attention to Lauren. ‘’Uhm, well, the same as they were yesterday?’’ Lauren replied. Normani chuckled. ‘’Yeah, I figured that much. I mean, are you two like, official now? Cause all you told me is that she wanted to give you guys a try.’’ Normani asked again, looking at Lauren questioningly.

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows. ‘’I don’t know actually.’’ She answered. ‘’What do you mean you don’t know? That’s weird. You’d know whether you’re in a relationship or not, right?’’ Dinah asked surprised. Lauren nodded, looking up at her friends.

‘’Yeah, but we haven’t really talked about it yesterday. So I don’t really know.’’ Lauren answered, not having thought about it before. ‘’Are you going to talk about it after school?’’ Normani asked her, a smile appearing on her face. ‘’Cause if you are, I’m more than happy to come with you and keep that Tyler guy away from you, so you two can talk.’’ She continued, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

Dinah laughed and slapped her friend on the arm playfully. ‘’You bad girl!’’ She half yelled at her, causing some people to look their way, but Dinah and Normani both ignored them. Lauren glanced at the people who were looking at them and sighed in relief when they turned their attention back to whatever they were doing.

Lauren didn’t know why, but she was incredibly uncomfortable with people looking at her. She was insecure, and people even briefly glancing her way her made her feel very self-conscious. It made her feel like there was something wrong with her, or made her wonder if she looked weird.